It can be frustrating for students to find out they didn’t meet up with a school’s requirement after choosing the school as their choice of study. So, we have compiled all the accredited list of courses of Abia State University, (ABSU) as well as their admission requirements.
Nonetheless, before going into the crux of today’s topic, I would like to share with you the some basic information about ABSU that you are supposed to know.
About the University
Abia State University Uturu (ABSU) is a Nigerian public university. It is one of the state owned universities in Nigeria. These state academic institutions were created to expand admissions and bring professional skills, expertise and modern research facilities close to the city and rural dwellers, and have helped talented students to obtain higher education.
The inception of the university was in 1981 in the former Imo State under the name of Imo State University, Etiti. The university was established by Sam Mbakwe when he was Governor of old Imo State. The main campus was located at Etiti, Imo State, while the Law Department was located in a separate Campus at Aba. Between 1984 and 1985 under the military governorship of General Ike Nwachukwu, the university moved to its permanent site at Uturu Okigwe.
Following the creation of Abia State in 1991, the Uturu campus of the University was ceded to Abia State, and is now known as Abia State University Uturu, Isuikwuato Local Government Area, Abia State, Nigeria. The university is organized in colleges and schools having been founded on the same collegiate system that University of Nebraska operates.
Studies at Abia State University include: undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degrees. It has two campuses- its main campus in Uturu; and the College of Law, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine housed by the campus in Umuahia, capital of Abia State, Nigeria.
List of Courses Offered in ABSU (Abia State University)
Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Agriculture Economics & Extension
- Department of Animal Science & Fisheries
- Department of Food Science & Technology
- Department of Soil Science
- Department of Crop Production & Protection
Faculty of Biological & Physics Science
- Department of Animal Science And Environmental Biology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Plant Science & Biotechnology
Faculty of Physics Science
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Statistic
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Industrial Chemistry
Faculty of Business Administration
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Banking & Finance
- Department of Economic
- Department of Management
- Department of Marketing
Faculty of Medicine & Health Science
- Department of Basic Medical Science
- Department of Clinical Medicine
- Department of Health Science
Faculty of Education
- Department of Curriculum & Teachers Education
- Department of Educational Foundation
- Department of Educational Management & Planning
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Vocational Education
- Department of Psychological
Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Information and Communication Technology
- Department of Surveying and Geo-Informatics
Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Department of Building
- Department of Urban & Regional Planning
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Estate Management
- Department of Environmental Resources Management
- Department of Fine and Applied Art
- Department of Geography and Planning
Faculty of Law
- Department of Law
Faculty of Humanities & Social Science
- Department of English Language & Literature
- Department of Foreign Languages and Translation Studies
- Department of Library and Information
- Department of History & International Relation
Abia State University (ABSU) Admission Requirement.
If anyone wishes to study any reliable course at Abia State University ABSU, Such candidate must meet the School admission requirements which are listed below:
- Firstly, choose ABSU as the first choice of institution before any other consideration
- Be at least 16 years of age at the time of application
- Have at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in not more than two (2) sittings.
- Score a reasonable mark in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Board Exam (UTME)
- Have an acceptable/reasonable score in the post UTME screening exam conducted by the school.