It can be frustrating for students to find out they didn’t meet up with a school’s requirement after choosing the school as their choice of study. So, we have compiled all the accredited list of courses of Adamawa State University, (ADSU) as well as their admission requirements.
Nonetheless, before going into the crux of today’s topic, I would like to share with you the some basic information about ADSU that you are supposed to know.
Adamawa State University is located in Mubi, in the Northern Senatorial District of Adamawa State, Nigeria. It was established in 2002 by the Adamawa State University Law No. 10 of 2001. “. The title caption of the university is “Towards ensuring rapid development and transformation of the State”
ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, ADSU UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
General Admission Requirements
Gaining admission into an Undergraduate Programme in ADSU is basically under 2 entry method which includes the UTME entry and the Direct Entry.
ADSU admission requirements through UTME
To gain admission into the Adamawa State University in 2020, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 160 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take ADSU post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Adamawa State University (ADSU)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
ADSU admission requirements through Direct Entry
Candidates who wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Adamawa State University (ADSU) must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN.
Faculties / Colleges Present In ADSU (Adamawa State University)
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social & Management Science
List of Courses Offered In ADSU (Adamawa State University)
Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension
- Department of Animal Production
- Department of Crop Science
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
Faculty of Arts
- Department of English Language
- Department of History
Faculty of Education
- Department of Biology Education
- Department of Chemistry Education
- Department of Geography Education
- Department of Mathematics Education
- Department of Physics Education
Faculty of Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Geography
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Botany
- Department of Geology and Mining
- Department of Physics
- Department of Zoology
Faculty of Social & Management Science
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Economics
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Department of Public Administration