Admin And Logistics Assistant At Plan International (1 Position)
Plan International is currently in search of a well qualified personnel to fill the vacant position of an Admin And Logistics Assistant in their organization. Interested qualified candidates are hereby free to apply.
Job Title: Admin and Logistics Assistant
- To provide support to sound administrative, office and logistics support to the Abuja office in line with policies of Plan International.
- The role will contribute to effective office management including support to store management, inventory/asset management, line managing CO drivers, coordinating all land travels and supervision of janitorial services.
- The incumbent will employ the use of general office practices and administrative procedures to carry out assigned
Dimensions of the Role
- Implementation of administrative processes, protocols and systems for the Abuja Office.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for staff.
- Supervision of janitors / cleaners.
Office Secretary At Hope Group
Resident Surveyor (QS) At Hope Group
Resident Engineers At Hope Group
Regional Operations Engineer At Emerging Africa
Vehicle Maintenance and Management:
- Ensures that daily and weekly vehicles and stand-by generator inspections are performed and that regular servicing is carried out.
- Ensure all PIN vehicles are cleaned and routine checks performed to ensure they have proper working tools on a daily basis.
- Ensure all PIN vehicles are refueled using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously.
- Ensure all PIN vehicles are parked safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm.
- Ensure all PIN vehicles have official documentation up to date (license, insurance, etc.).
- Ensure vehicles have necessary materials such as umbrellas, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Facilitates the repair or recovery of vehicle and generator breakdowns when required, including repair/recovery outside of working hours; follows up on periodic services of the vehicles.
- Coordinate and update the daily movement board (Airport drop-offs/pick-ups and movement within/outside the town).
- Ensures that after hours travels have prior formal approval by the admin department.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled timely and regularly and files in accurately.
- Report immediately to the Admin and Logistics Officer, all accidents or issues involving Plan International vehicles.
- Compliance to the motor vehicle and travel policy provisions of Plan International Nigeria.
- Analyses/ review and monitor monthly fuel consumption report for all the CO vehicle.
- Prepare and submit a monthly vehicles’ maintenance, vehicle movement and fuel consumption report.
- Keep updated a quarterly price survey for the fuel commodities and vehicles repair and maintenance spare parts.
- As Focal Point of the Global Fleet Tracking System, ensure all data for the Country are submitted online every 8th day of each month.
- Analyse monthly the Global Fleet Report and make recommendations for improvement to the line manager.
Staff and Material Transportation:
- Facilitates transportation of staff and designated people to all areas as instructed and with approved vehicle request forms.
- Enables the ferrying of goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
- Ensure that all Plan assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
Other Services Provision:
- Organize the dispatching and delivery all documents between Plan and other service providers.
- Dispatch of goods and materials to various projects offices to facilitate program delivery without any reports of loss or destruction of items
- Line manage and coordinate the CO drivers and manages their routine daily schedule
- Comply with Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Supports in maintenance of general office systems including filing, sending, receiving and distributing documents, photocopying/scanning, etc.
- Assist with organization of meetings and special events.
- Assist in conducting market survey and product research as may be required by logistics and admin team on regular basis
- Assist with sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained.
- Responsible for posting good receipt on SAP using relevant documents – (delivery note, invoices and PO).
- Support program activities in the office where necessary.
- Keep and maintain store records and materials to ensure prompt supply of materials to staff for the effective discharge of their work without any disruptions of work-flow
- Maintain good and professional relationship with relevant vendors and visitors to the Office
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Ensure that the office is tidy at all times through effective supervision of the cleaners
- Receives and signs for fixed asset items and maintains physical inventory
- Ensures that assets are received, coded and registered in the assets register and ensures disposal of assets are carried out according to existing policies and specific donor rules.
- Use systems and processes to assure smooth and timely flow of work.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Diploma certificate with minimum of 3 years work related experience or BA/ B.Sc / HND in any discipline with minimum of 2 years related field experience.
- Previous experience in usage of operations ERP especially SAP.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng