Air force Institute of Technology (AFIT) courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at AFIT Kaduna?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Air force Institute of Technology (AFIT) Kaduna that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Airforce Institute of Technology (AFIT):
The Air Force Institute of Technology, with its main campus located at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, is the Department of the Air Force’s leader for advanced, multi-disciplinary academic education, as well as its institution for technical professional continuing education.
A component of Air University and Air Education and Training Command, AFIT is committed to providing innovative, defense-focused graduate education and related research;
and operationally-relevant professional continuing education to sustain the technological supremacy of America’s air, space, and cyber forces. Since 2008, AFIT has been designated as the Air Force’s Cyber Technical Center of Excellence.
AFIT accomplishes this mission through four schools: the Civil Engineer School, the Graduate School of Engineering and Management, the School of Systems and Logistics, and the School of Strategic Force Studies.
Through its Civilian Institution Programs Office, AFIT also manages the educational programs of Airmen enrolled at more than 350 civilian universities, research centers, teaching hospitals, and industrial organizations.
The office also manages the Air Force’s Education with Industry (EWI) program, through which about 40-50 military and civilian Airmen spend a year with companies to learn industry best-practices and bring those practices back to the Air Force.
23/25 Ailegun Road, Ejigbo, P.M.B 21764, Ikeja. Nigeria
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in AKSU:
List of Accredited Courses Offered in AFIT Kaduna
OND Courses Offered at Air Force Institute of Technology
- Basic Aircraft Maintenance Course
- ND Aircraft Engineering Technology
- ND Business Administration and Management
- ND Civil Engineering Technology
- ND Electrical Electronics Engineering Technology
- ND Explosive Ordnance Technology
- ND Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Pre-ND Science and Technology
Air Force Institute of Technology requirements for OND
- Candidates must meet AFIT cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy Air force Institute of Technology department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Courses Offered at Air Force Institute of Technology:
- Aircraft Engineering Technology (Airframe/Power Plant Option).
- Aircraft Engineering Technology (Avionics Option).
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology.
- Purchasing and Supply.
Requirements for Higher National Diploma
i) ND with a minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA of 2.50) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical/|Electronics Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Computer
Science/Engineering, Material Science Engineering or Business Administration and Management (as applicable) and;
ii) A Minimum of one year post-ND cognate work experience.
Related article: Nigeria Police academy courses and admission requirements
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes:
- Aerospace Engineering (Aeromechanical Option).
- Aerospace Engineering (Avionics Option).
- Supply Chain Management.
i) Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes in Aerospace Engineering. A minimum grade of Second Class Honours in Engineering, Material Sciences or Physics.
ii) Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes in Supply Chain Management. A minimum grade of Second Class Honours in Purchasing & Supply and other related fields.
The PGD in Aerospace Engineering at AFIT is a one-year programme that is specially designed to prepare candidates for one-year MSc programme in aerospace engineering at Cranfield University, United Kingdom (UK).
Candidates, who on completion of the PGD programme, wish to enroll for the Masters’ Programme at Cranfield University, UK can choose to specialize in one of the following fields:
- MSc Aerospace Vehicle Design (Airframe and Airframe Systems Option).
- MSc Aerospace Vehicle Design (Avionics Systems Design Option).
- MSc Thermal Power.
- MSc Computation Fluid Dynamics.
- MSc Flight Dynamics.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: