Airtel: Financial Reporting and Tax Executive for SmartCash PSB
This is a job opportunity for interested individuals at Airtel Nigeria in Lagos. Applicants are needed for the available position of Financial Reporting and Tax Executive – Smartcash PSB.
This job is best suited for people that are trained in the field of finance and accounting. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Financial Reporting and Tax Executive – SmartCash PSB
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Work experience: 5 year.
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Finance/Accounting
- Level: Mid-Senior level
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Content Marketing Officer at Credpal (Available at Lagos)
- Entry-Level Telesales Executive at Credpal (1 spot available)
- Accountant at Metro and Castle Ltd
- IT Administrator at Metro and Castle Limited
- Parts Admin Assistant at Perfection Motor Company Limited
Bharti Airtel Limited:
Bharti Airtel Limited, also known as Airtel, is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia, Africa, and the Channel Islands.
Bharti Airtel Ltd was incorporated in the year 1995 with the name, Bharti Tele-Ventures Ltd. The company was promoted by Bharti Telecom Ltd a company incorporated under the laws of India.
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
FR executive contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing Financial Reporting, taxation and accounting processes.
- Ensure company level books closing process every month, quarter and year in terms of timelines and accuracy.
- Ensure all inputs into preparation of Financial Statements are duly posted. (Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statements, Cash Flows and Notes on Accounts as per applicable IFRS and Banking Regulation by CBN).
- Ensuring completeness of month end posting and provisions.
- Compliance of all statutory requirements related to Direct and Indirect taxation of the organization are met including timely and accurate submissions returns, proper documentations, etc.
- Conducts reviews of the banking operations. Analyses trial balances including aging, movement, recoverability and impairment. Perform variance analysis and sense checks.
- Ensure adherence to audit requirements including co-ordination with Statutory, Tax and Internal Auditors, regulatory audits, for timely closure as per calendar.
- Ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintaining Financial Delegation of Authority (FDoA).
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Should be able to specify accounting and tax implication when new products are rolled out.
- Governance of tax accounting done by Shared Services team and guide them with relevant rules, steps etc.
Education & Experience
- Professional qualification in Finance / Accounting (ACA, ACCA)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Banking/Financial Services Industry.
Skills & Competencies:
- Understands accounting principles, standards (IFRS) and Banking Regulations.
- Experience of working in Accounting /FINCON function in a Bank is a mandatory requirement.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- High level of proficiency in the using the Oracle Flexcube/Accounting software, Proficient in using Microsoft Offices Software
- Verse with taxation rules and returns for reporting and compliance.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
Application Deadline: Not specified.
You may visit the Official Website below for more information about Airtel: