This information is to aware all interested on the Admission Requirements and Courses offered by the Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU).
This information is placed to enlighten all those concerned about the information the school carries out in terms of its admission processes.
About the University
Ambrose Alli University (AAU) is a state-owned university in Edo State, Nigeria. It was established in 1981 by the governor of Bendel State (now Edo and Delta States), Ambrose Folorunsho Alli. Initially known as Bendel State University, subsequently known as Edo State University, and finally changed to its present name in commemoration of professor Ambrose Folorunsho Alli, AAU is accredited and recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC). The Ambrose Alli University Library houses the information resources for the institution.
The current vice-chancellor (acting capacity) of the university is Sunny Adagbonyi. He was appointed on 8 February 2022 by Governor of Edo state Godwin N. Obaseki.
The former vice chancellor, Ignatius A. Onimawo is credited for his unique deployment and application of information and communications technology (ICT) in every aspect of the day-to-day running of the institution.
Ambrose Alli University Admission Requirements
To gain admission into the Ambrose Alli University in 2022/2023 academic session, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidate must take AUU post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Ambrose Alli University (AAU)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS THROUGH DIRECT ENTRY
wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Ambrose Alli University (AAU) must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidate who have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, BSC, HND, ICAN
List of Courses Offered in AAU (Ambrose Alli University)
Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Crop Science
- Department of Soil Science
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
Faculty of Arts
- Department of English
- Department of Modern Language
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Religious Management and Cultural Studies
- Department of Theatre and Media Arts:
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Building
- Department of Fine and Applied Arts
- Department of Geography and Environmental Management
Faculty of Education
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Department of Educational Foundations and Management
- Department of Guidance and Counselling
- Department of Physical and Health Education
- Department of Vocation and Technical Education
Faculty of Law
- Department of Commercial and Industrial Law
- Department of Private and Property Law
- Department of Public Law
- Department of Jurisprudence and International Law
Faculty of Physical Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Mathematics & Statistic
- Department of Physics
Faculty of Life Science
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Botany
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Zoology
Faculty of Social Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Psychology
College of Medicine
- Department of Basic Medical Sciences
- Department of Clinical Sciences