Suitably qualified and interested applicants are welcome to First Bank Of Nigeria Limited for the vacant position of an AML / CFT Reporting Officer. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: AML / CFT Reporting Officer
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Lagos
- Job Identification: 636
Other jobs like this you might like:
About First Bank Of Nigeria Limited
First Bank of Nigeria Limited, the premier Bank in West Africa with its impact woven into the fabric of society. It engages in the business of commercial banking and has a number of subsidiaries that focus on international commercial banking, trusteeship, capital markets, pension fund custodianship, mortgage financing, insurance brokerage, management of SMIEIS fund investments, small-scale banking and bureau de change activities.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
- Manual Screening and identification of Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) from news media, social media, internet, and other relevant platforms.
- Processing of PEP Onboarding requests from Business Units and Archival of Onboarding documents. Updating of the PEP data base and following up with branches for the resolution of identified PEP exceptions
- Processing of CBN PND requests and other regulatory requests for Information and account opening documentation. Second-Level review of account opening documents provided for KYC-adequacy and liaising with the ACOs/Branches for remediation before transmission to Regulators.
- Processing, archival and facilitation of the service of PND Court Orders from CBN to affected customers and updating the CBN PND register.
- Responding to enquiries from branches and regulators on AML Reporting issues.
- Engagement/Brainstorming with various stakeholders for the remediation of identified AML reporting issues
- Generation, Review of data for completeness and adequacy, Preparation, Validation with NFIU validator and Submission of Currency Transaction Reports to NFIU.
- Review, Correction, Revalidation and Refiling of Rejected Currency Transaction Reports to the NFIU
- Generation, Review, Validation for Completeness and Adequacy, Preparation and Submission of Foreign Currency Transaction Reports to SEC and CBN.
- Generation, Review, Preparation and Submission EFCC COVID-19 Transactions Reports.
- Generation, Review, and identification of Newly Opened High-Risk accounts.
- Transmission of Identified High Risk accounts to relevant stakeholders for Watchlisting and upload on OBIEE as well as updating the High-Risk accounts schedule
- Data generation, collation, review, validation, preparation, and submission of various Risk Based Supervision Reports to CBN and NFIU (namely: Forms 001, 002, 003,004,005,006,007,008,009 & 010)
- Data Collation, Review, Validation for Completeness and Adequacy, Preparation and Submission of Dud Cheque returns to CBN and the Credit Bureaux.
- Preparation and Submission of Safe Deposit Box Returns to CBN
- Collation, Review, Preparation and Submission of NDIC Returns on:
- Armed Robbery
- Accounts of Terrorist Organization and Individuals
- Terminated or dismissed staff on the basis of fraud or forgery
- Corporate Governance and Whistle Blowing
- Collation of data, Review, Preparation and Submission of Direct Debits and Standing Instructions Report to CBN.
- Data Validation Review and Preparation of Cash Dumping Reports
- Collation/Generation of Data, Review, Preparation and Submission of Monthly Compliance Scorecard for Area Compliance Officers and Branches.
- Provision of inputs for the preparation of Management Reports
- Preparation of Monthly CBN PND statistics report
- Review, Preparation and Submission of Returns to CBN and NFIU on UN Sanctioned entities and individuals
- Generation, Review, Validation for Completeness and Adequacy, Preparation and Submission of 3-tier KYC returns to CBN
- Review, Validation for Completeness and Adequacy, Preparation and Submission of returns of Dormant Accounts and Unclaimed Funds to CBN
- Data Collation, Review, Validation for Completeness and Adequacy, Preparation, and Submission of returns on Whistleblowing to CBN.
- Provide support for development and update of the compliance monitoring plan.
- First Degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, plus 5 years banking experience.
- Specialist knowledge in Anti-Money Laundering, Data Protection, Financial Markets and Fraud and Ethics would be highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in compliance or related financial services area
- Experience in compliance monitoring and audit /inspection programmes.
Application Closing Date: 19th August, 2022.