Area Assurance Officer at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) – 14 available openings
United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a Team Member for Credit Control. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Area Assurance Officer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Abuja, Lagos (Mainland, Island & Epe), Benue (Makurdi), Kogi (Lokoja), Rivers (Port Harcourt), Adamawa (Yola), Oyo (Ibadan), Osun (Osogbo), Kwara (Ilorin), Ondo (Akure), Kaduna and Kano
About United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- To ensure the business office operations are in line with the Bank’s internal policies, and regulatory policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counselling when required.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained and kept customer-friendly at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that open items in the GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded in them.
- Ensure the integrity of transactions in Business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy amendments.
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area control manager, or responsible department.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- First Degree in any field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in banking operations, or in a Control related role.
- Good knowledge of Accounting and Auditing.
- Basic financial knowledge.
- Knowledge of the banking sector, trends, and policies of financial regulators in Nigeria – CBN, NDIC.
- Knowledge of the UBA’s banking policies, processes, and procedures.
- Supervisory, and Investigation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain high level of awareness at all times.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem solver.
- Relationship management – should be able to maintain a customer friendly disposition at all times.
Application Closing Date: 23rd December, 2022.