This is to inform the general public of yet another opportunity to get a good and reliable job in Lagos. JMG Limited is currently seeking for a qualified applicant who can in fill in the available position of an Assistant Fleet Manager in the organization. This is a full time job best suited for those specialized in the Logistics department.
About the Organization
JMG Limited is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 10 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands (Caterpillar Inc, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Legrand, Ge Lighting, Kaeser Compressors, Thyssenkrupp), JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- Job Title: Assistant Fleet Manager
- Location: Lagos
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Department: Logistics
- Reports To: Logistics Manager
Other jobs like this:
- Business Development Officer at MGS
- Direct Sales Agent at MGS
- Freelance Marketer at MGS
- Customer Care Representative at MGS
- Avario Digitals: Skilled Junior Graphics Designer (SIWES)
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting, and surveying current user trends.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices.
- B.Sc or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- 4 – 8 years of relevant working experience.
- Master Degree will be a plus
- Experience as a Fleet Manager in a manufacturing environment will be a plus.
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Trustworthy and dependable
Duties of Assistant Fleet Manager
- Manage staffing and work scheduling to set up the most productive and cost-effective use of manpower.
- Plan and establish operational guidelines for scheduled and unscheduled vehicle maintenance and repair work
- Establish procedures to monitor, evaluate and control job activities and responsibilities.
- Prioritizes operational needs; confers with subordinate supervisors in coordinating various functions and effecting planned work.
- Direct the development and implementation of safety standards and procedures to be followed by staff personnel.
- Ensure the continued development and training of subordinate workers.
- Review work in progress and completed for conformance with established objectives, standards, safety, and efficiency
- Observe overall effectiveness of existing processes and procedures to assess possible improvements.
- Review contracted maintenance and repair work and newly purchased vehicles and equipment to ensure conformance to contract specifications and quality workmanship.
- Carry out any other duty has assigned.
- Take up IMS responsibilities such as reporting unsafe act, condition, or procedure in the workplace, participating in fire or emergency drill at work, participating in incident reporting and investigation when necessary and adherence to Company policies.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Closing Date: 12th April, 2022.
For more information about JMG Limited, you may visit the official website through the following link: https://www.jmglimited.com/