Dangote Group is currently in search of a well qualified personnel to fill the vacant position of an Assistant Inventory Manager in their organization. Interested persons are free to apply.
Job Title: Assistant Inventory Manager
Job ID: Store003
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Operations
- Take responsibility for monitoring and reporting on the company’s inventory levels.
- You will be responsible for developing inventory tracking systems, reviewing levels of supplies, ordering new materials, and performing a daily analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Approves store requisitions from the user department for issuance.
- Ensures inspection of receipt items on GRN raised for payment.
- Ensures approved signatories endorse issue slips before collection.
- Handles any assignment that may be assigned by the manager.
- Prepares a list of items for quarterly and yearly stock take.
- Ensures that details of stock taking and valuation are properly recorded
- Ensures proper protection of stock items against hazards (fire, dirt, etc.).
- Liaises with user department to generate max/min stock level.
- Maintains proper housekeeping and availability of material handling equipment.
- Prepares a coded master list of all the stock items.
- Coordinates the activities of all the sections in the store.
Education and Work Experience
- HND / BSc (Purchasing & Supply or Business Administration) with a minimum of 15 years of experience
- MBA/HND/BSc (Mechanical Engineering) with a minimum of 12 years of experience.
- In-depth understanding of the cement manufacturing industry trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation, etc.
- Very good knowledge of inventory planning and management principles and techniques
- In-depth knowledge of local HSE policies
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good organization and project management skills
- Good leadership and relationship management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and act proactively
- Working knowledge of SAP or other planning applications
- Proven supervisory skill.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date