Assistant Security Manager at Hilton Worldwide
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels.
For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value.
Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands.
Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day.
And our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Security Manager
Read also: Security CCTV Operator at Hilton Worldwide
Job ID: HOT08P1B
Location: Transcorp Hilton Abuja
Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Assistant Security Manager Job Description
- An Assistant Security Manager directs security personal and works with Department Heads to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience while ensuring compliance with local safety legislation
and hotel emergency procedures.
What will I be doing?:
- As an Assistant Security Manager, you will be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of security personnel;
work with Department Heads to confirm all staff understands security procedures, and organising patrolling of the property to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience.
- An Assistant Security Manager will also be required to ensure that hotel is in compliance with all local safety regulations and is conversant with hotel emergency procedures.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all areas of the hotel
- Liaise with government and law enforcement agencies as necessary
- Coordinate additional personnel for Conference and Banqueting functions
- Organise patrolling of all boundary areas, bedrooms, offices, storage areas, public areas, and function rooms
- Assist the hotel in complying with Local Fire Safety Legislation
- Assist the hotel with Local Safety Legislation to ensure compliance of the security department
- Knowledge of the codes of practice for P.A.C.E.
- Ensure tours are carried out for the purpose of fire prevention, safe means of escape, and security
- Inquire as necessary into and report upon any thefts within the hotel using your discretion in connection with any of these matters that you deem should be reported to the police
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel, engage in the implementation of safety and security procedures for the department, and provide assistance and advice to other
departments in relation to security
- Prepare incident reports and ensure all allegations are properly followed up
- Liaise with Departmental Heads to ensure hotel staff is aware of their security responsibilities
- Plan, deliver and facilitate regular staff awareness training
- Be fully conversant of company terrorist procedures and convey to staff
- Be fully conversant with hotel Fire and Emergency procedures
- Responsible for management of key control within all departments
- Such any function deemed fit by the SM, DO or the GM
Assistant Security Manager Requirements
What are we looking for?:
- An Assistant Security Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Organised and systematic approach to problem solving
- Security industry experience in supervisory capacity
- SIA trained and licensed
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
- Good leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Good grooming standards
Holding any of the following is a desirable requirement and would be a great advantageous to be considered in this position:
- Minimum of ten year experience with DSS, Armed Forces, or Police
- Certification in Risk Management
- Certification in CSS, CPSM, CPO or CPP
- Previous experience in same or similar role
- First Aid Certified
- Fire fighting qualification
- IT proficiency
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online