ATBU Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various full-time and part-time Postgraduate degree programmes of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), Bauchi, for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The ATBU Postgraduate Programmes are available in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Tech. Education (M.Tech. Ed), Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), Master of Technology
(M.Tech.), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Health Management (MHM), Master of Accounting and Finance (MAFS), Master of Entrepreneur and Business Development (MEBD) and
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) levels.
ATBU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
Who can apply for ATBU Postgraduate programmes?
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements, including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least Third Class Honours Degree.
- HND holders with a minimum of Lower Credit from recognised institutions.
- Holders of any other qualifications together with relevant field experience as deemed acceptable to the University.
- Masters Degree
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements, including a credit in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- Candidates with an approved University Honours Degree (CGPA of 3.00 and above on a scale of 5.00 point) or CGPA of 2.40 – 2.99 inclusive plus three years post-graduation.
- Candidates with Third Class honours degree plus five years post-graduation.
- Appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least a pass at credit level.
- Candidates whose degrees are unclassified with an average of C or above
- Candidates who possess a Higher National Diploma with at least a credit pass from recognised institutions and at least a pass at credit level of Postgraduate Diploma of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University in the relevant areas.
- Candidates may be required to sit for a qualifying examination either before approval of registration or at an appropriate stage of their course work or research.
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) and Masters by Research Degrees
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Institutions who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
- A good Second Class Honours Degree plus a considerable relevant industrial experience.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University who hold Masters Degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study
- Graduates of other recognised Universities who hold Masters Degrees with a CGPA of at least 3.50 on a scale of 5.00
- Candidates for the PhD programmes may be required to pass a qualifying examination and/or undergo a probationary period not exceeding 12 calendar months.
ATBU Postgraduate Programmes Duration
|PG PROGRAMME/DURATION IN MONTHS||FULL TIME|
|Post Graduate Diploma||12||24|
|PG PROGRAMME/DURATION IN MONTHS||PART-TIME|
|Post Graduate Diploma||NIL||NIL|
*Note that the duration for Engineering Postgraduate Diploma courses is a minimum of 24 months and maximum of 48 months.
How to Apply for ATBU Postgraduate Admission Form
ATBU application forms are to be completed online as from 1st November, 2022. Applicants are expected to submit their application forms online together with scanned copies of their credentials.
- Ensure that only valid and functional email address and phone number should be used as further correspondence will be through this channels.
- Ensure that the ATBU online form is carefully and correctly completed as corrections on personal information or change of course after completion of online application and submission will attract a fee.
- It is mandatory for Applicants to make arrangements with their previous institutions to forward a hard copy of their Transcript to the Head of the Department of their proposed Programmes. No candidate will be considered for admission without a valid transcript.
- applicants must upload a Pre-proposal or Synopsis and ensure a hard copy is sent by post to the I lead of Department of your proposed programme.
- Applicants without NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate need NOT apply.
- Candidates applying for admission in Professional Master degree programmes are expected to sit for screening test at dates to be announced by faculty.
Successful applicants will be notified either by E-mail or SMS.