Backend Developer At Myrtle Management Consultants Limited (1 Position)
This is to let members of the public know that there is a vacancy at Myrtle Management Consultants Limited for the position of a Backend Developer. All interested persons are hereby free to apply.
Job Title: Backend Developer
Location: Apapa Ports, Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Description of a Backend Developer
- This position is ideal for a software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience.
- Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers.
- The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and knowledge of Databases, J2EE and Web technologies.
- The candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, design, documentation, development, and test of new functionality.
- The candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on the team’s needs. You will also help and guide junior team members.
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Work on emerging technologies, building distributed applications
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Software Engineers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure the development and implementation of new data-driven solutions.
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high-quality
- solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision and comply with all applicable standards.
- Collaborate with senior technical staff and PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track and manage risks and issues until all are resolved
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Partner with Product on implementation strategy.
Qualifications of a Backend Developer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field with 5 years of Software Development Experience or a Masters’s degree with 2 years of Software Development Experience.
- Proficiency in Java is a must
- Proficient in implementing design patterns and hands-on knowledge of Spring, hibernate and RDBMS technologies like PostgreSQL, Oracle, or similar
- Experience with web service standards and related patterns (REST, JSON)
- Experience with Agile development incorporating TDD, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, Mock frameworks.
- Experience developing large-scale, enterprise-class distributed system or subsystems that require high availability, low latency, & strong data consistency computing
- Experience implementing solutions for low-latency, distributed services using open standard technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear & concise way, a team player with a strong work ethic
- Effective verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
Jobs with no deadline specified:
The remuneration is competitive along with other benefits
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2022.
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng