Business Analyst at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) is currently awaiting applications from qualified applicants across all branches in Nigeria. This opportunity is targeted towards individuals who are interested in filling the available position of a Business Analyst.
This job is in the management or executive field. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Work experience: 4 to 8 years
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Job Field: Executive/Management
Other jobs like this you might like from Frigoglass Limited:
- Supply Chain Specialist at Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited
- Individual Section (I.S) Maintenance Specialist at Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited
- Electronics & Instrumentation Maintenance Specialist at Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Supervisor at Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited
About United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- Manage treasury relationship with Group Finance.
- Preparation of monthly liquidity projections and analysis for subsidiaries.
- Monitor the intragroup funding and capital requests, including pricing and tax concerns.
- Provide leadership in the execution, management and reporting of short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the Bank’s African Subsidiaries.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions in the subsidiaries.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities in the subsidiaries.
- Evaluate and advise Executive Management on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions in the Subsidiaries.
- Ensure that the people, technology, policies and process in all the Financial Control Functions in African Subsidiaries are in line with the approved Group Finance Governance Policy.
- Manage the processes of financial forecasting, budget consolidation and reporting in the subsidiaries.
- Manage the Financial and Regulatory Audit for African Subsidiaries.
- Proactively lead the development and implementation of comprehensive and sustainable cost optimization initiatives for the African Subsidiaries.
- Ensure that all subsidiaries develop a robust MIS reporting framework to drive business performance.
- Standardize business performance reporting across all subsidiaries.
- Develop subsidiary capacity to provide insights to drive the business.
- Engender the credibility of Subsidiary Finance Teams by ensuring timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts for the Executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- Masters’ Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage
- 4-8 years experience in finance and cost management in the banking industry.
- Our ideal candidate must have good knowledge of Business and Financial Analysis, Performance Management, and a good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Business and financial analysis
- Performance management
- Excellent interpretation of the bank’s aspirations into measurable details.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Excellent oral and communications skill
- Advanced interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Excellent listening skill
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.