This is to inform the general public about a full-time job in Lagos. Transblue Limited is seeking for qualified applicants who can fill in the available position of a Business Development Officer in the organization.
Due to this expansion into Nigeria market, Transblue Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Business Development Officer (Networking)
- Location: Lekki, Lagos
About the Organization
- A Business Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of Networking arm of the business objectives among the company’s sales, marketing and business development professionals.
- The duties include comparing current sales numbers to desired quotas, delegating sales and marketing tasks among team members and meeting with upper management to discuss their progress.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Creating development plans and forecasting sales targets and growth projections
- Identifying market opportunities through meetings, networking and other channels
- Meeting existing and potential clients and building positive relationships
- Liaising with colleagues to develop sales and marketing strategies
- Preparing financial projections and sales targets
- Attending events such as exhibitions and conferences
- Preparing sales presentations and participating in sales meetings
- Producing reports for management
- Training business developers and sales colleagues
- Familiarize yourself with all products/services offered by our company.
- Procuring new clients through direct contact, word-of-mouth, and collaboration with the marketing department.
- Overseeing and developing marketing campaigns/events
- Managing and updating the company’s database and CRM systems.
- Devising and presenting ideas and strategies
- Attending networking activities to research and connect with prospective clients.
- Maintaining meaningful relationships with existing clients to ensure that they are retained.
- Suggesting upgrades or added products and services that may be of interest to clients.
- Crafting business proposals, brochures, and contracts to draw in more revenue from clients.
- Coordinating internal marketing campaigns and monitoring performance.
- Reviewing clients’ feedback and implementing necessary changes.
- Remaining in tune with trends in consumption to ensure that our offerings remain relevant.
In addition to the above; you will be required to carry out the following in Transblue Limited:
Preparing Effective Networking:
- Make presentations that alleys fear of networking
- Build good/competitive business and personal profiles
- Identifying ‘targets’ and preparing specific questions
- Carry out essential requisite research
- Map out strategies for building client base
- Psychological engagement – being positive
Networking Events To showcase Product:
- Preparing engaging responses to questions such as ‘what do you do?
- Talking about our services – when you should and when you shouldn’t
- Introducing people and marketing colleagues (cross selling)
- Identify key questions to ask to potential client where appropriate
- Joining and leaving groups/individuals
- Be calm, confident and memorable
- Identify pit-falls to avoid during the events
Client follow up:
- Develop effective and efficient follow-up
- Most effective ways of staying in touch and developing the relationship
- Further Business Development – personal marketing plan
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or similar.
- 3 -5 years of experience in the same role.
- Digital marketing knowledge is an added advantage
- Intuitive and insightful, particularly regarding human behavior.
- Ability to generate revenue by identifying pain points and recommendations
- Basic graphic design/infographic skills
- Good knowledge of corporate branding, web/social media content creation
- Professional yet affable disposition.
- Great networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Resourceful, with outstanding research skills.
- Emboldened by challenges.