Business Process & Risk Controller At WTS Energy
We are pleased to inform the general public that a Business Process & Risk Controller is needed for immediate employment at WTS Energy. Interested persons are free to apply.
Job Title: Business Process & Risk Controller
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job Type: Full-time
- To develop a Risk Management Charter, Policies and Procedures (Including credit, Market and liquidity risk policies and procedures).
- To support business units in identifying, assessing, documenting and implementing risk and compliance management processes
- To review policies and procedures, conduct awareness campaigns, develop group risk identification and annual assessment plans and monitor and control identified risks.
- To consolidate risks identified across the group and update and maintain a risk register
- To coordinate risk documentation, evaluation, and monitoring with the aim of minimizing operational and financial loss across the group.
- To provide expert knowledge on financial risk and management of those risks
- To develop key risk indicators at the Plc level and guide the subsidiaries Risk Advisors on same. Ensure consistency of approach.
- To assist the Group Head – Finance report to the Management Committee at least quarterly on business risk and compliance issues
- To facilitate the periodic Group Risk Management and Control meetings.
- To keep abreast of factors in the internal and external environment that may affect the achievement of Company’s strategic goals and objectives.
- T0 maintain and review Group’s Internal Control Framework.
- To drive the periodic/annual review of Group policies and procedures manuals
- To ensure the development, implementation, maintenance and continued renewing of a best practice internal control environment.
- To ensure all changes to procedures and controls inherent in the business are documented and, ensure standardization across the Group.
- To work with subsidiary companies to assess internal control, perform effectiveness test over processes and recommend solutions to issues arising from control review and ensure execution of remediation plans.
- Review assurance reports by external auditors/assessors to identify control references and assist in redesigning controls.
- To ensure the timely reporting of all issues noted to the Group Head – Finance
Supervision of Risk Advisors and Subsidiaries
- Monitor and review the activities of the risk management managers/risk & control advisors of the Group’s subsidiaries.
- Plan and supervise work to be carried out by Risk and Control advisors
- Risk management charter and, Policy and Process manuals
- Periodic/Annual Risk and compliance reports.
- Operational audit reports.
- Up to date Risk Register.
Minimum Education and Qualifications
- A University Degree and preferably a qualified Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Process documentation skills
- Good knowledge of Internal Control Processes, and Risk Management
- Good knowledge of the regulatory environment and developments.
- Strong personality with good organization skills.
- The ability to build, and maintain excellent working relationships with all levels of management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Analytical thinker.
Application Closing Date
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng