Suitably qualified and interested applicants are welcome to West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) for the vacant position of CAPEX Works Executive, Mechanical. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: CAPEX Works Executive (Mechanical)
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Sagamu, Ogun
- Department: Technical Services
Other jobs like this you might like:
About West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL)
West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) operates one of Africa’s largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Kastina, Niger, and other states across Nigeria.
The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high-quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements. We educate the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and train women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
- Change management in plant assets. Record and prepare a complete record.
- Collect data from the Engineer in-charge, Plan, prepare BOQ, make CAPEX.
- Process order and execute the order in coordination with contractors or in-house team as the case may be.
- Prepare auto drawings on case to case basis.
- Close supervision of capex related jobs. Ensure GHK and GMP during complete capex execution
- Check the quality of consumables used by the contractor
- During non- project time or during contingencies replace the shift fitters as per Manager’s instruction
- Use SAP for collection and reporting of DATA
- Ensure data are used or processed for the purpose set for such data and ensure absolute confidentiality while processing or using personal data. Get the consent of the data subject before collecting, processing, and using data
- HND, ND, or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience in an Industrial Maintenance environment.
- Technical/vocational training
- Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metalworking skills.
- Proficiency in Machine Repair, Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
- Functional knowledge of mechanical components (valves, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes, etc.).
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment completing objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
- Must be able to safely complete the physical tasks associated with the essential job functions such as extensive climbing, walking, lifting, bending, standing, squatting, etc.
- Understand, practice, and enforce safe work practices
Jobs with no deadline specified:
- Working knowledge of applicable HSE regulations
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent reasoning and decision-making ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.