Workforce Group is in need of qualified applicants for the vacant position of a Chief Treasurer. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Chief Treasurer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Lagos
Other jobs like this you might like:
At Workforce Group, we go beyond narrowly defined client issues, beyond conventional wisdom, beyond the expected, to create opportunities for our clients, candidates, colleagues, collaborators, and community.
Through a network of diversified but highly complementary lines of businesses we have helped some of the most important and exciting organizations on the continent find the critical talent, access cutting edge advice and get innovative support they require to grow in a challenging market.
We support businesses and organizations of varying size, structure and maturity across diverse sectors such as Technology, Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Third Sector, FMCG etc. to enhance business performance, optimise for growth and achieve exceptional results. Our ground-breaking Zone Tech Park offers startups and established companies that the cutting-edge facilities, technology and business expertise they need to break out and thrive.
The Chief Treasurer will be responsible for proper application of treasury policies and verify compliance with trading and other limits, forecast cashflow positions, related borrowing needs, funds available for investments and maintain the bank’s liquidity position
- Develop and implement processes for smooth working of Treasury Dept
- Develop and implement Controls & Checks
- Plan & Manage long and short-term liquidity of the organisation
Day-to-day cash forecasting and cash flow management:
- Develop & monitor KPIs to evaluate the performance of each functions
- Work closely with treasury managers to ensure that all treasury functions and activities are carried out within the purview of the treasury policies and regulations
- Develop mechanisms to safeguard the organizations liquid and fixed assets
- Lead key strategic treasury projects – including streamlining treasury processes, controls, risk management, bank account structure and account rationalization, payments, etc., amongst others in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Advise executive management on changes in financial regulations, legislation as well as changes in competition and market trends
- Develop tools and techniques for management of risks
Investment Management/Fund Management:
- Provide relevant input in defining strategies for managing the investment portfolio and ensuring optimal returns.
- Build investment strategy that ensures appropriate liquidity across the organisation
- Formulate and implement investment policies, including the establishment of risk parameters.
- Plan & manage long and short-term liquidity of the organisation
- Develop tools and techniques for management of funds
- Day-to-day cash forecasting and cash flow management
- Establish processes to support the identification of financial risks and exposure
- Develop tools and techniques to hedge against the identified risks
- First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline from a reputable institution
- Relevant professional certifications i.e. ACI or Treasury Dealership Certificate
- Minimum of 12 years post graduate work experience out of which 8 years must have been spent in a treasury related function within the financial services industry.
- Thorough knowledge of financial legislation, regulation and practices.
- Knowledge of monetary market, investment management and financing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability leveraging technology as a key enabler to enhance productivity and decision support
- Proven experience leading and managing a sizeable team
- Ability to deliver on set targets and achieve demonstrative results in line with the organisations strategic aspirations
- Strategic thinker with high level of commercial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to engage with others to achieve positive results
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills
- Resilient and focused go-getter with the exposure to best practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.