This is to inform the general public that Synapse Services Limited is currently recruiting for the position of Clinical Psychologist. Interested persons should kindly go through the post below for full details:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Location: Portharcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- A clinical psychologist identifies and diagnoses psychological, emotional and behavioral issues in client, develops and implements treatment plans, and converts business opportunities.
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Minimum of 3 years Clinical and Business development experience.
- Business Acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Proactive problem-solving approach.
- Stress tolerance.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to develop and convert business opportunities
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Ability to generate relevant partnership proposals with support from the clinical team
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Provide psychological assessment and consultation services
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioral disorders of patients and develop treatment plan
- Provide therapy to groups and individuals
- Prospect for new clients by networking, and using other acceptable means of generating interest from potential clients and ultimately converting them into clients.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plan for different age groups (children inclusive)
- Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth with a bid to grow business.
- Work with multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses and social workers, psychiatrists and occupational therapists.
- Facilitate diverse group therapeutic sessions.
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behavior.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients’ status.
- Guide clients in the development of their skills or strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Have an understanding of Bio Psychosocial Approach for assessment and treatment plan for every patient.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities.
- Be conversant with different treatment methods like cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectic behavioral therapy, talk therapy, person centered therapy etc.
- Be conversant with the electronic medical record system for proper documentation of progress notes and treatment plan.
- Evaluate clients’ physical or mental condition based on review of client information.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans.
- Refer patients, clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Coordinate family inclusive therapy to assist them in understanding, dealing with or supporting patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling programs on clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Meet with families, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process
- Plan, organize or lead structured programs of counselling, work, study, recreation or social activities for clients.
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse or improve community health or counselling services.
- Psycho educate client on the importance of medication compliance.
- Learn about new developments in counselling by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars or establishing and maintain contact with other social services agencies
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy
- Have an understanding of neuron developmental pathways, how to diagnose, carry out assessments and draw up appropriate treatment plan to meet specific needs.
- Ensure that after discharge client is transferred to a robust aftercare plan for proper follow up and management.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Clinical Psychologist – Awka” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.