Cluster Control Officer at Workforce Group
Workforce Group is welcoming suitably qualified applicants for the vacant position of a Cluster Control Officer . This job opportunity is located in Nigeria. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Cluster Control Officer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Work experience: 2 to 3 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Compliance, Banking/Financial service
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Legal Officer at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
- Tiller at Ascentech Services Limited
- Area Sales Manager at Ascentech Services Limited
- Parts Admin Assistant at Perfection Motor Company Limited
- Marketing Executive at ProCloud Prostars Limited (PPL)
About Workforce Group
At Workforce Group, we go beyond narrowly defined client issues, beyond conventional wisdom, beyond the expected, to create opportunities for our clients, candidates, colleagues, collaborators, and community.
Through a network of diversified but highly complementary lines of businesses we have helped some of the most important and exciting organizations on the continent find the critical talent, access cutting edge advice and get innovative support they require to grow in a challenging market.
We support businesses and organizations of varying size, structure and maturity across diverse sectors such as Technology, Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Third Sector, FMCG etc. to enhance business performance, optimise for growth and achieve exceptional results. Our ground-breaking Zone Tech Park offers startups and established companies that the cutting-edge facilities, technology and business expertise they need to break out and thrive.
- To ensure strong control environment through: effectiveness & efficiency of operations; reliability of financials and compliance with policies, procedures, processes and regulations in the branch / control cluster.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with key controls inherent in new policy and products of the bank.
- Enforce compliance with the Bank’s KYC, KYCB & EDD risk monitoring for branch transactions.
- Daily monitoring and review of account opening documentation in line with CBN KYC/KYCB policy
- Daily monitoring and review of account closure and reactivation documentations.
- Performance of specific risk based independent control functions assigned to you in the control proof chart.
- Carryout daily/periodic review of both businesses and operations of Branches in compliance with the Internal Control proof charts.
- Ensure the integrity of financial and non-financial records and application systems in branches under your purview through daily review and/or threshold call over.
- Ensure expanded control coverage of branches including credit control.
- Prompt identification and resolution of operational lapses and reconciliation issues.
- Prevent and / or detect operational/fraud/business losses.
- Implement sound independent control policies and standards covering all sources of risks (financial and non-financial)
- Review of maintenances carried out on customer’s account against customer’s instruction
- Ensure integrity of branches trial balance and returns.
- Manage Other Assets in branches for optimum portfolio balance and minimal prudential provision.
- Enforce the bank’s Revenue Assurance and Cost Management strategies for branches.
- Institute GL proofing process in branches and ensure zero provision on branches other assets.
- Ensure prompt rendition of control reports/returns to the Cluster Control Manager
- Escalate unusual incident in your branches immediately to Cluster Control Manager.
- Ensure good record keeping and retrieval process are adhered in line with bank’s policy
- Perform other duties assigned by Cluster Control Manager
- Implementation of all applicable compliance and AM/CFT programs at the branch/cluster level
- Liaise with the business lines and branch operations to obtain periodically required customer information and regulatory requirements.
- Track & ensure branch regulatory items e.g. licenses, permits are reviewed & renewed timely.
- Provide feedback on customer investigations & hand-hold client potential exit process
- Perform mandatory, targeted & adhoc reviews to assess compliance with regulatory requirements & internal policies such as Whistle Blowing, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, and Sustainability etc.
- Liaising with local regulators, law enforcement and other government bodies and ensure good relationships with the same.
- Review of Compliance Self-Assessment and conduct routine compliance audits
- Raise the visibility of compliance and control by specifically improving the compliance risk assessment and compliance testing standards at the branch/cluster
- Periodic review and assurance for timely rendition of branch regulatory returns
- Periodic and timely management reporting on the clusters level of compliance
- Training of branch staff members to reinforce compliance issues as and when required
- Review of deferral register
- Review of Gift register
- Carry out independent confirmation of invoices/LPO pre-disbursement of credits
- Performance of Fixed asset verification as well as regular stock counts in branches/stores
- Periodic review of functionality of working tools to avoid service failure across branch network
- A good First Degree in any discipline
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a bank / financial institution
- Relevant Master Degree will be an added advantage Professional Membership
- A related professional qualification will be an added advantage Minimum Experience
Key Competency Requirements / Job Knowledge:
- Leadership / Influence
- Team building / Conflict management
- Organization and coordination skills
- Coaching and Training
Skills & Competencies:
- Analytical and Investigation skills
- Auditing skills
- Accounting skills
- Comprehensive Banking Operations/Credit (Domestic Foreign) skills
- Comprehensive Treasury skill
- Fraud and Operational Risk knowledge
- Policy and Regulation interpretation and implementation
- Oral and written Communication skills
- Banking, Insurance and Financial services knowledge
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and Power point, Intranet Mailing facility and the core banking application of the bank (Flexcube)
- Conceptual skills
Jobs with no deadline specified: