Hobark International Limited (HIL) is currently seeking applications from qualified applicants for the vacant position of a company secretary or legal adviser. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Company Secretary / Legal Adviser
- Employment Type: Contract
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Principal Programmer at Admiralty University Of Nigeria (ADUN)
- Laboratory Assistant / Technician at Admiralty University Of Nigeria (ADUN)
- Engineer I at the Enugu State University Of Medical And Applied Sciences (SUMAS)
- Teacher at Wells International School
About Hobark International Limited
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark Group operating in the Oil and Gas Industry. Incorporated in 1998, the company started out as a staffing agency which supplied skilled personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry within Nigeria.
Growth and expansion led to diversification in a variety of services and the construction of offices in Port-Harcourt (Nigeria), Benin (Nigeria), Lagos (Nigeria), Houston (USA), London (UK), Calgary (Canada), Abidjan (Cote D’Ivoire), Libreville (Gabon) and Pointe-Noire (Congo). The corporate headquarters is located in Victoria Island, Lagos (Nigeria).
- Provide proactive and efficient legal advice/opinion to support the corporate and operational business functions on contractual, financial, tax and regulatory matters affecting the company.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and other documents required by the business functions.
- Provide efficient legal support to the technical and operations aspects of the business, as required.
- Provide support to business functions and project teams in conducting due diligence on all transactions that portend legal, commercial and or reputational risks.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on dispute resolution issues and support them through the entire resolution process.
- Provide legal advice on contractual and regulatory compliance in all functions, ensuring that material risks have remedial plans and are integrated into the corporate risk management system.
- Provide efficient Secretariat support to the Company, including without limitation, maintaining accurate and up-to-date incorporation/regulatory documents, preparing for Board meetings, taking accurate Minutes of meetings, including regulatory compliance/advisory.
- Provide support in preparing all necessary documentation and give guidance in order to secure appropriate regulatory approval for various projects and acquisitions.
- A Degree in Law is required. Must be qualified to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria and a member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- An MBA, a Master’s Degree, other professional qualifications such ACA, ACCA, ICSA, ACIT, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Possess a broad skill set in corporate law, finance, governance, strategy and company secretarial practice
- At least 5 years post-call experience in an international commercial law firm or similar post-call experience with a mid-sized or major E&P company.
- Ample litigation experience will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience with an International Oil & Gas firm or company.
- Experience with corporate and operational regulatory compliance in the Oil & Gas industry.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.