This is a job opportunity from an anonymous employer targeted towards interested individuals in Lagos. Applicants are needed for the available position of a Content Buyer. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Content Buyer
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Basic Qualification: Degree
- Work experience: 5 to 7 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Advertising and Media
Other jobs like this you might like:
Our client is looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position. This Position is to acquire content in accordance to channel strategy.
- Screen, feedback, and select the latest movies and general short format programming.
- Screening and selection of suitable movies for Africa Magic, and choosing the best slot/night per movie premiere
- Prepare Letters of Offer and negotiate license fees and terms with Independent Distributors as well as Local Suppliers.
- Prepare Deal Memos on Mindpack and forward for processing to Finance and Contracts and Director of Acquisitions.
- Liaise with Contracts and Finance departments to execute deals and Notice of Changes.
- Administer any changes to executed contracts via the due processes and procedures.
- Acquisitions to be validated against International Ratings were available as well as local performances.
- Facilitate and manage movie budget strictly to agreed due processes and procedures with M-Net Finance, Director of Acquisitions, Channel Head, and Director of M-Net Finance.
- Request screening copies of content for Africa Magic Channels from suppliers.
- Request suitable license start dates to support Schedule requirements Channel the Head’s objectives and support the policies and procedures as defined by the Director of Finance and the Director of Acquisitions.
- Administer avails notifications.
- Create Fixed Budget for year-end presentations.
- Draft analysis and presentations for the year-end budget.
- Manage the cost, allocated runs, and status of all films monthly.
- Compare actual monthly budget to planned budget. Deviations to be explained.
- Prepare Budget Forecasts, play–out patterns, and analysis of movie budget and inventory.
- Maximize movie inventory allowing for festivals and star focus weekends.
- The schedule must maximize negotiated Deal terms
- Administer all tentative dates, titles, and or license fees.
- Process all changes on Mindpack and movie inventory.
- Liaise with M-Net Finance, M-Net Legal & Contracts department and
- Channel Manager on a continuous basis.
- Assist Channel Head and Schedule Planners for Africa Magic channel to plan and acquiring content suitable for the channel
- Creatively and within the budget requirements. Source Product and negotiate Deals to include all necessary and required rights including New Media: HD, SVOD, VOD, DVB-H, Wide Screen, including innovative Subscriber Value Adds e.g. HI and Sight Impaired where applicable.
- Liaise with Programme Acceptance team and Channel Head to support channels objectives.
- Minimum academic qualification of Degree in Film and Television or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-7 years in content buying
- Content knowledge
- Financial and legal experience
- Extensive understanding of audiences
- Deep knowledge of current and future content trends in multiple markets and platforms
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Rights management(content)
- Editorial judgment
- Risk Management
- Audience knowledge
- Relationship Building
- Persuading and influencing
- Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution
- Holistic Thinking
Application Deadline: Not specified.