The general public particularly all aspiring students of Dominican University Ibadan Oyo State are hereby informed that the accredited courses offered at the University have been made available for them on this page as well as the school fees schedule.
About Dominican University
The Dominican University Ibadan, Nigeria is the first university the Order of Preachers on the African continent. Popularly called the Dominican Order, the Order of Preachers was founded by Spanish priest Dominic de Guzman in 1216 with the approval of Pope Innocent III. In her more than 800 years of existence, the Order has been actively involved in university education around the world. The Dominican University in Ibadan was established on the 800th anniversary of the foundation of the Order.
Illustrious Dominicans, such as the scientist and philosopher Albert the Great, and his student, the philosopher and theologian Thomas Aquinas, were towering intellectuals in pioneering universities of Europe in Paris, Bologna, Oxford and Cologne.
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION
See Other Private Universities and their Courses/ School Fees Schedule
1. Admission Service Charge Payable Once: N123, 00.00
2. Tuition/Other Fees: N470,000.00
3. Hostel Fee/Bed Space (Optional): N180,000.00
GRAND TOTAL: N773,000.00
For New Students eg. medical/drug test, admission, matriculation, id card, acceptance, verification of results, student handbook, DU T-shirt etc: N123,000.00
- The fees listed as “payable once” are to be paid before a student does his registration. Full registration is a condition for a student to attend lecturers.
- 60% of tuition and other fees are to be paid before a student does his/her course registration.
- Continuing Students’ (200 Level and above) pay the fees “Tuition and Other Fees.”
ACCOUNT NAME: DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY IBADAN
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0245293873
BANK: GUARANTEE TRUST BANK PLC
How to Apply for Dominican University
Dominican University is test optional admission and no longer requires ACT and/or SAT scores.
We are looking for men and women who are prepared academically to take on rigorous liberal arts studies—students who welcome challenges that engage them intellectually, ethically and socially. When you apply to Dominican as a first-year student, your high school academic performance, engagement in and outside of the classroom and your essay are key factors in our holistic admission review decisions—but who you are as a person is equally important.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- A cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, with special attention to grades in high school core courses
- An ACT composite score of 21 or 1060 SAT or above* (optional)
- Your scores can only help you. While we will accept scores if submitted to us, we will not use them for admission decisions.
- A rank in the upper half of the high school class, when rank is provided
- Sixteen units of high school course work, fourteen of which should be in the fields of English, mathematics, foreign language, social science, and laboratory science
We make admission decisions on a rolling basis beginning October 15. Apply by our priority application date of November 15 and you’ll receive your financial aid award before the holidays!
We start making admission decisions on a rolling basis in early fall for each academic year. Once accepted, qualified students will be automatically considered for a merit scholarship.
Ready to apply? Follow these steps:
- Start your application online
- Submit the following required items:
- Official high school transcript