List of Courses Offered by Federal Polytechnic Nekede
The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede is a federal government-owned higher institution located in Nekede, a town in Imo State, South-Eastern Nigeria. The establishment of the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede,
Federal Polytechnic Nekede, was stimulated by the need for trained manpower in science, engineering and technology to promote sustainable industrial and economic development in the country.
Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State has been officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Nigeria.
About the University:
The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede is a federal government-owned higher institution located in Nekede, Owerri West local government area in Imo State, South-Eastern Nigeria.
It was established on a temporary site at the premise of Government Technical College by the Imo State government in 1978 as College of Technology, Owerri before it was moved to its present location in
On 7 April 1993, the polytechnic was changed to a federal government institution and was renamed “The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede”. The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede offers National Diploma and
Higher National Diploma courses at undergraduate levels.
Read also: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Courses and Admission Requirements
Federal Polytechnic Nekede Courses
Below are the list of courses on offer at the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State.
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING/TECHNOLOGY
- AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- ARTS AND DESIGN
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- CO-OPERATIVE ECONOMICS & MANAGEMENT
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT AND VALUATION
- FISHERIES TECHNOLOGY
- FOOD TECHNOLOGY
- HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- MINERAL AND PETROLEUM RESOURCES ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT
- PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- PURCHASING AND SUPPLY
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- SURVEYING AND GEO-INFORMATICS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
Read also: Auchi Poly Courses & Admission Requirements | ND & HN
- HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) – 2 YEARS
ENTRY REQUIREMENTSCandidates must hold the minimum entry requirements for ND Programme in the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede as in each school below.
- They must possess the National Diploma of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri or the equivalent from recognized institutions in the appropriate discipline with minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA 2.50).
- For candidates with pass level and CGPA not below 2.00 points, a minimum of two years post ND cognate working experience is required.
(Applicable to Federal Polytechnic Nekede (ND) Graduates ONLY).
- Candidates from other Institutions WITH PASS LEVEL WILL NOT BE ADMITTED.
Read also: List of All Courses Offered at LASPOTECH, Cut Off Mark & Requirements
NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) – 2 YEARS
GENERAL MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must score a minimum of 140 in JAMB.
- Candidates with awaiting O’level results are not qualified to apply.
- They must have at least five (5) O’level Credits in relevant subjects which must not be obtained in not more than two sittings. Please note that English Language and Mathematics are compulsory in all courses.
- Combinning NABTEB and WAEC or NECO is not acceptable. NABTEB can only be combined with NABTEB, while NECO can be combined with WAEC.
The Best Canadian Universities with High Acceptance Rate