DAAD Scholarship Overview
If you are a graduate aiming to write your doctoral thesis abroad, you must apply for the DAAD Scholarships for Doctoral Candidates offered at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences for the
academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarships will be awarded to master students who are expected to hold a qualification in Sociology, Psychology, Educational Science, Political Science, Labour, Educational Economics,
Demography, and Statistics.
Selected candidates will be provided a stipend of 1,200 EUROS, insurance, and other allowances.
The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) at the University of Bamberg is a multidisciplinary Graduate School funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) as part of the
German Excellence Initiative.
It is a mid-size University with an academic profile rooted in the humanities, social and economic sciences, human sciences, and application-oriented computer sciences.
The students selected for these doctoral scholarships will be awarded a monthly stipend of 1,200 EUR, plus insurance and other allowances.
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply for this DAAD Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD study to write their master thesis at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must not have lived in Germany for more than 15 months by the start of the membership.
- How to Apply: Admission applications can be made on the web portal of the university. DAAD Scholarship application details can be obtained on the DAAD’s official website.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Abstract research proposal
- Research proposal
- Work schedules
- Academic Transcripts and certificates
- Self-written statement f applicants knowledge of German
- Statement of research proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Educational Science, Political Science, Labour, Educational Economics,
Demography, and Statistics or be very close to completion.
- Language Requirement: The students must have proficiency in German.