Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro (DSPZ) courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro:
The Delta State University of Science and Technology is a Public University in Ozoro, Delta State.
The university is set to offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses covering seven faculties:
Agriculture, Science, Earth Science, Engineering, Environmental science, Information technology and Management technology.
The Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro was first established as a college of Agriculture which was turned into a Polytechnic on January 1, 2002, by law during the administration of James Ibori.
In January 2021, Governor Ifeanyi A Okowa of Delta State announced plans to convert Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro and two other schools into a full-fledged University, the bills had its first reading
during plenary at the Delta State House of Assembly on the 28th day of January 2021.
In February 2021, the bill were passed into law after going through the house committee on Education.
While signing the bill which was passed by the State House Assembly, Governor Ifeanyi A Okowa said,
“As the students of our technical education start to progress from the technical colleges to the polytechnics, they also have a chance of going further to the University of Science and Technology.”
10 Ukolobi Street, Erovie, Ozoro Isoko.
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in DSPZ:
List of Accredited Courses Offered in Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro
Agricultural Engineering / Technology
» Art and Design
» Banking And Finance
» Business Administration and Management
» Fashion Design And Clothing Technology
» Office Technology And Management
» Agricultural Technology
» Building Technology
» Chemical Engineering Technology
» Computer Engineering
» Computer Science
» Electrical / Electronic Engineering
» Fisheries Technology
» Food Technology
» Foundry Engineering Technology
» Hospitality Management
» Mechanical Engineering Technology
» Metallurgical Engineering Technology
» Quantity Surveying
» Science Laboratory Technology
» Welding and Fabrication Technology
Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro ND Admission Entry Requirements.
- Candidates must meet DSPZ cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro HND Admission Entry Requirements.
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass in the relevant programme of study
and with at least, one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: