Driver at International Medical Corps (IMC)
Are you looking for a job as a driver? If yes, then look no more because this position might be for you.
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Read also: Lead Facilitator at Applied Engineering Technology Initiative Limited (AETI)
Job Title: Driver
Driver Job Summary
- Reporting directly to Fleet Officer, Logistics – Driver performs several duties aimed at ensuring that the vehicle allocated to him / her is run smoothly daily.
- The work includes performing vehicle inspection, complete vehicle logbook, and transport both staff and program supplies to facilitate program activities
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Take instructions from Fleet Officer daily
- Ensure pre trip inspection is undertaken daily and that bi-weekly inspection is undertaken, documented, and filed
- Ensure that correct quantity of fuel taken by the vehicle is properly documented on the log sheet
- Ensure that all trips undertaken are properly recorded on the log sheet
- Ensure that all safety precautions like use of seat belt, correct driving speeds and proper loading of vehicle is undertaken as per organizational regulations
- Undertake timely and efficient transport of organizational staff and project supplies as and when required
- Observe organizational rules and regulations pertaining to carrying unauthorized goods and passengers
- Immediately report to Fleet Officer any faults or problems observed in the operation of the vehicle for corrective action and resolution
- Ensure the vehicle is always kept clean and tidy by following an agreed vehicle washing schedule
- Report to Fleet Officer in a timely manner when the vehicle is due for service or maintenance to ensure uninterrupted service for program activities
- Report any concerns or unbecoming behavior by staff to Fleet Officer for follow up and corrective action.
- Participate in scheduled trainings or briefings undertaken by management for drivers
- Willingness to undertake any other reasonable tasks / requests from supervisor
Communication and Teamwork:
- Ensure good communication with peers, beneficiaries, partners, and other stakeholders
- Facilitate harmonious working relationship with peers, partners, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Report problems encountered while on duty or within the team to the Supervisor
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Supervisor
- Participate actively in regular staff and program meetings
Read also: Journey Management Commander at Halogen Group
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff Program, Finance and HR/Admin on all matters to ensure that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for assets.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with Fleet Officer and Logistics Coordinator to ensure appropriate links and coordination support.
Driver Qualification Requirements
- A Minimum of Secondary School Level and at least 1 year of experience in large scale Logistics operations
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Strong organizational skills and discipline to follow outlined procedures.
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the project areas in FCT ABUJA is required.
- Must read and understand and demonstrate willingness and ability to follow guidelines.
- Capacity to organize work and team, Capacity to work under stressful situations and Strong organizational and time management.
- Experience living in remote or isolated workstations, or insecure locations.
- Nigerian National
Read also: IT Support Officer at BP Business Solutions Africa
Competencies for a Driver:
- Good understanding and knowledge of FCT Abuja town layout
- Good organizational ability to ensure that all assigned transport requests are processed in the most efficient and timely manner
- An understanding of requirements of a rapid response emergency operation.
- Attention to detail and excellent observation skills.
- Diplomacy, tact, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Nigerian local dialects
- Flexibility, adaptability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Conscientious with as excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Literate and strong organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters and CV (in a single Microsoft Word Document) addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator;
International Medical Corps via email: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.