Malaria Consortium is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a driver. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Driver
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Oyo
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Human Resources Recruiter at Egatee Online E-Commerce
- Medical Sales Representative at Egatee Online E-Commerce
- Technical Solutions Architect at Gurugeeks Royalty Limited
- Intern / Volunteer at Gurugeeks Royalty Limited
About Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations specializing in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
Scope of Work
- The driver would be responsible for picking up and driving the project officials, pickups and other scheduled appointments. And also will be responsible for performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles to assure the functionality of the vehicle.
Safely Transport Persons and Goods (70%):
- Transport safely Malaria Consortium employees and goods as directed by the line manager
- Always be in possession of a valid driving license and personal identification
- Respect and observe the Nigeria traffic regulations, speed limits and adjust speed according to road and risk conditions (for example, when driving in villages or populated areas)
- Observe Malaria Consortium standard operating procedures for vehicles
- Observe the manufacturer technical conditions of use for all vehicles
- Report any accident immediately to line manager and the nearest police station for purpose of insurance claims.
- Assist in loading and off-loading, and fetching water
- Ensure safety of vehicles assigned to you at all times
- Ensure passengers wear seat belts at all times.
Vehicle Maintenance and Checklist for Field Trips (20%):
- Responsible for daily and weekly preventive maintenance and report to the line manager any problems with vehicles
- Ensure vehicles are always on full fuel tanks
- Diligently and promptly update the movement and fuel consumption logbook
- Furnish the logbook to the line manager as and when required to facilitate preparation of monthly vehicle and fuel consumption reports
- Always ensure the vehicle insurance and licenses are valid before driving any vehicle.
- Alert line manager when service and maintenance schedules are due
- Clean the vehicle inside and outside as and when necessary/ keep your vehicle clean externally and internally at all the times
- Check that items mentioned in the logbook are in the vehicle before leaving
- Perform daily vehicle pre–departure checks to include fuel, engine oil, coolant, lights, tyres, horn, tools and equipment, brakes, windows and mirrors, etc.
- When a field trip is planned, the driver has to inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before leaving and be ready for scheduled departure time
- The driver has also to prepare additional materials according to trip needs (for example, additional fuel tank, stickers, flag, medical and food kits, additional spare tyres).
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly vehicle check
- Behave in a professional manner at all the times with the understanding that the public associates your behaviour with Malaria Consortium
- Ensures the official vehicles are safely parked within the office environment and approved sites at all times.
Security, Communication and Miscellaneous Duties (10%):
- Ensure the vehicle radio communication is in good working condition
- Maintain regular radio communication with the base station while travelling away from the base. Radios should be switched on for communications at all times
- Observe and ensure adherence with security guidelines in the programme area of operation
- Assist Logistics Officer and colleagues in gathering security information analysis especially pertaining to routes to be travelled. To advise the logistician on the security of such routes and whether Malaria Consortium vehicle should travel or not on a given route
- Promptly report all relevant security incidents/concerns to the Logistics Officer
- Carry out other delegated tasks using Malaria Consortium vehicles. Theses may range from mail delivery, payment of bills, picking or dropping of staff or visitors and other similar tasks
- Organise the assigned task in the most efficient and effective manner, so as to minimize vehicle use (fuel consumption, wear and tear)
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Logistics Officer and any senior staff
- Follow Malaria Consortium’s security protocol at all times
- Minimum Qualification of O’Level Certificate
- Honest, hardworking and pleasant personality with effective interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Valid driving licence
- Previous experience working as a driver (minimum of 5 years’ experience)
- Knowledge/skills of basic mechanics.
- Willingness to learn about security protocols.
Application Closing Date: 20th November, 2022.
- Residents in project location strongly advised to apply.
- We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding.
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.