Are you looking for a job as a driver? If yes then this post is for you.
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria.
The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State;
Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria.
The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Gombi, Adamawa
Career Level: Entry Level
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a 8months period, renewable
based on funding and performance.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting: The Driver will report to the Field Office Coordinator
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the timely and safe transportation of persons and supplies to and from their destinations.
- The job holder shall be responsible for arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions.
The position holder must be adaptable to new situations and operating in areas with a moderate degree of risk.
- The Driver will report to the Field Office Coordinator
- Safely convey BSL team as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner while complying to all NN travel regulations and that of the Government of Nigeria
- Arrange and perform regular Project’s vehicle checking by performing regular washing, cleaning, and vehicle maintenance.
- Keep accurate travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations traveled to everyday by the project vehicles.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to the Management in a timely manner
- Ensure the project vehicles are in good shape before travel every day which includes the condition of the vehicle, fuel level, engine oil, radiator water and other fluids, battery level, brakes, tires, etc.
- Ensure the First Aid Kits are always available and fully stocked in each vehicle before any travels and report accordingly for appropriate actions
- Perform minor repairs on the project vehicles, arrange for other repairs and prepare and keep up-to-date record of the project vehicle spare parts inventory
- Ensure any travel has been given due security clearance before departure
- Collaborate with the Security Unit to ensure the team and vehicle safety at all times
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure that all NN vehicle papers such insurance, registration documents are updated and secured
- Pay tolls and other fundamental vehicle demands as at when appropriate
- Dress professionally and in accordance with NN’s culture and values
- Perform any other task as specified by the Line Manager or Supervisor
- At least secondary school leaving certificate and a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a driver with good driving record
- Knowledge Understanding of transportation law
- Good traffic judgment
- Good knowledge about car mechanics
- Knowledge of the location of international organizations, airline offices, hotels and restaurants
- Knowledge on operation and maintenance of the office equipment
- Excellent driving skills
- Flexible, effective team work and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good in communicating in English
- Most possess a valid driver license
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employees and family.
- Pension benefits.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Non-discriminatory Employment Clause
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, age, disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.