Hobark International Limited (HIL) is welcoming suitably qualified applicants for the vacant position of Economist. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Economist
- Employment Type: Contract
- Location: Nigeria
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Principal Programmer at Admiralty University Of Nigeria (ADUN)
- Laboratory Assistant / Technician at Admiralty University Of Nigeria (ADUN)
- Engineer I at the Enugu State University Of Medical And Applied Sciences (SUMAS)
- Teacher at Wells International School
About Hobark International Limited
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark Group operating in the Oil and Gas Industry. Incorporated in 1998, the company started out as a staffing agency which supplied skilled personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry within Nigeria.
Growth and expansion led to diversification in a variety of services and the construction of offices in Port-Harcourt (Nigeria), Benin (Nigeria), Lagos (Nigeria), Houston (USA), London (UK), Calgary (Canada), Abidjan (Cote D’Ivoire), Libreville (Gabon) and Pointe-Noire (Congo). The corporate headquarters is located in Victoria Island, Lagos (Nigeria).
- Help develop/shape regulatory funding mechanisms, with a particular focus on enabling opportunities to exploit new net zero commercial opportunities
- Lead on the analysis of regulatory Impact Assessments (IAs), to ensure regulatory change proposals are demonstrably in the interests of our customers
- Through close working and day-to-day interactions, build the knowledge and understanding of the principles of regulatory economics across the legal and regulatory affairs team
- Manage the work of any external economic consultants when they are required to ensure that they add maximum value
- Lead on economic analysis of key policy and regulatory proposals and opportunities
- Close working relationships with senior management is a critical aspect of the role and close support to business areas by the team is essential
- Develop excellent working relationships at all levels, and with a wide range of key external stakeholders.
Education & Experience Requirements
- B.Sc Degree in Engineering discipline, an MBA is preferable.
- At least eight years’ experience in refining business, to include technical and commercial aspects.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles and calculation methods.
- Expert in international business and cross-cultural professional practices.