This is to inform all desiring to get into the Ekiti State University (EKSU) on her admission requirements and courses she offers.
This information is detailed at giving its potential readers the desired information they want.
About The University
Ekiti State University Ado Ekitiwas established as Obafemi Awolowo University, Ado-Ekiti on 30 March 1982 by the administration of Chief Michael Adekunle Ajasin, the first civilian governor of Ondo State. The university is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It is located about 12 minutes drive from the center of the city of Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State in Western Nigeria.
Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, as it is known today, is the only university in Nigeria that has within a quarter of a century had its name changed four times. The name was changed to Ondo State University in 1985, University of Ado-Ekiti in November 1999, and to its present name Ekiti State University of Ado Ekiti in September 2011.In 2021 it has also been ranked 3rd best state university in Nigeria according to webometrics.
EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, EKSU UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
General Admission Requirements
Gaining admission into an Undergraduate Programme in Eksu is basically under 2 entry method which includes the UTME entry and the Direct Entry.
EKSU admission requirements through UTME
To gain admission into the Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti in 2020, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME examination. The minimum UTME scores for Law, Nursing and Medicine (MBBS) in the University are 200, 220 and 250 respectively.
- Candidates must take EKSU post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti (EKSU)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
admission requirements through Direct Entry
Candidates who wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti (EKSU) must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
EKSU COURSE-SPECIFIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology in addition to UME requirements.
- B.Sc. in relevant fields.
- Five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
UME SUBJECTS: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
EKSU Courses & Programmes.
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- ADULT EDUCATION:
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION:
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND HEALTH SERVICES
- ARABIC AND ISLAMIC STUDIES
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- COOPERATIVE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- CROP, SOIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- CURRICULUM STUDIES
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- EDUCATION ACCOUNTING
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH:
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY:
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND MECHANICAL AND AUTOMECHANIC TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND YORUBA
- EDUCATION FOUNDATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
- EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS EDUCATION
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH AND LITERARY STUDIES
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT:
- FORESTRY, WILDLIFE AND FISHERIES
- GEOGRAPHY AND PLANNING SCIENCE
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
- HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICS:
- INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRIAL TECHNICAL EDUCATION:
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MATHEMATICS /STATISTICS EDUCATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- NURSERY AND PRIMARY EDUCATION
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- PLANT SCIENCE AND FORESTRY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PURE CHEMISTRY
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION:
- THEATRE ARTS
- TOURISM STUDIES
- VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION