Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of an electrical maintenance manager. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Manager
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Apapa, Lagos
About Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc
Incorporated on the 29th of September 1960, as a limited liability company and pioneer wheat miller in Nigeria, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (FMN) started out on a journey that has seen the company evolve into what is now one of the biggest brands in the foods and agro-allied industry in Africa. Over the years, the FMN brand grew tremendously from operating as a single business, flour miller, to a vast business group with strategic investments that cover key sectors of the Nigerian economy.
The group’s operations can be categorized into four major sectors of Food, Sugar, Agro-allied, and Support services. Our foray into the Agric sector started in 1978, with the acquisition of a 10,000-hectare farm in Kaboji, Niger state as part of an investment and expansion strategy designed to create value in the supply chain and reduce the reliance on imported raw materials. Since then, we have made substantial investments in the primary processing of locally grown soybean, palm fruit, cassava, maize, sugar cane, sorghum, and the storage, aggregation and distribution of locally sourced grains.
Purpose of the Job
- Supervises and coordinate all Plant maintenance tasks (Electrical), plan resource in conjunction with the Plant Maintenance Manager/Services Manager and in alignment with production requirement at the right time, quality and cost, in order to maintain asset reliability and continuously improve the overall plant performance in adherence to legal and statutory maintenance activities.
- Ensure the maintenance management of all Power assets by leading and supervising electrical maintenance team activities and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Collaborate with the Plant Maintenance/Services in managing Power generation assets and facility, spare parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals, and managing the department budget.
- Drive the maintenance and reliability initiative focused on preventive & predictive maintenance of all assets.
- Establish, maintain, and manage maintenance procedures for power equipment and labor cost to optimize cost efficiencies in production.
- Establish and maintain Plant Safety, Food Safety, and Quality Systems.
- Provide on-the-job training and continuous development for the electrical maintenance team.
- BSc / HND in Electrical Engineering.
- MSC. in Electrical Engineering, professional certification in NSE or COREN is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in Electrical & Instrumentation maintenance experience in the similar industries.
- Industry best practices and maintenance principles.
The Person Must:
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent managerial abilities and can motivate team’s performance.
- Have strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Be able to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent technical background and knowledge.
Application Closing Date