Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen Courses and Admission Requirements
Edo State Polytechnic Usen (ESITM Usen) courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at ESITM Usen?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen, Benin City that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu Courses and Admission Requirements
Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Courses and Admission Requirements
D.S. Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic Courses and Admission Requirements
About ESITM, Usen:
Edo State Polytechnic
(formally Edo State Institute of Technology and Management ESITM), came into existence with a bill signed into law by His Excellency the executive Governor of Edo State, Chief (Dr.) Lucky Nosakhare Igbinedion on 19/12/02.
The idea to set up the school was to correct:
- The unfavourable admission criteria for her indigenes into federal polytechnics and Universities.
- Produce required manpower for industrial development.
- Produce graduates who are self reliant.
The change in the name of the institute was to meet NBTE requirements ratio of 70% – 30% technology to management courses. The aim of the institution as stated in the law are as follows:
- To provide training and research particularly in technological sciences.
- To arrange conferences, seminars and to provide higher education in the field of learning specified in 1. above.
- To disseminate scientific and technological knowledge among users especially scientist and researchers.
The Institute is located in Usen Town, Ovia South West Local Government Area of Edo State. It occupies the primises of former Elawure Grammar School.
The Land area is about 3 Square miles or 4.8 square kilometers.
The Institute is located in Usen Town, Ovia South West Local Government Area of Edo State
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in AKSU:
Binyaminu Usman Polytechnic Courses and Admission Requirements
Bayelsa State College of Arts and Science Courses and Admission Requirements
Akwa Ibom State College of Art & Science Courses and Admission Requirements
List of Accredited Courses Offered in ESITM Usen
Business Administration and Management
Electrical / Electronic Engineering
Estate Mangement And Valuation
Surveying and Geo-Informatics
Urban and Regional Planning
ESITM Usen ND Admission Entry Requirements.
- Candidates must meet ESITM Usen cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved
equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy Edo State Polytechnic Usen department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Adamawa State Polytechnic Courses and Admission Requirements
Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic Courses and Admission Requirements
Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Courses and Admission Requirements
ESITM Usen HND Admission Entry Requirements.
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass in the relevant programme of study
and with at least, one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: