ETH Zurich Scholarship Overview
Do you want financial help to complete your education? Then, ETH Zurich has just the opportunity for you.
It has launched the Two PhD Positions in Computational Near-Surface Geophysics for the academic year 2022-2023.
The ETH Zurich International Scholarship programme aims to encourage international candidates who want to pursue a PhD degree in computational near-surface geophysics at ETH Zurich.
ETH Zurich is a public research university in Zürich, Switzerland. Founded by the Swiss Federal Government in 1854 with the stated mission to educate engineers and scientists;
the school focuses primarily on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. It was ranked 15th in the world. ETH Zurich has a world-class reputation in academia and industry.
ETH Zurich will provide the salary for applicants. It is a family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions.
You can look forward to an exciting working environment, cultural diversity, and attractive offers and benefits.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible for this ETH Zurich International Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects:PhD degree in computational near-surface geophysics.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be domestic or International.
- Applicants should have a keen interest and preferably experience in numerical forward modeling and inversion.
It is also planned to perform a limited amount of laboratory experimentation and fieldwork in the framework of both projects.
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the stipend, applicants must submit an online application form. Please contact Prof. Dr. Hansruedi Maurer (firstname.lastname@example.org ); only online applications will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Academic transcripts
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should hold a Master’s degree in geophysics, physics, mathematics, or electrical engineering.
- Language Requirement: Students must have excellent proficiency or working languages in our group are English and German