Do you want to work as an Event Planner? If so, this post could be for you.
Prime Lagos is a top class chinese restaurant satisfying it customers 24 hours with quality and affordability.
Prime chinese has been in operation for twentyone years setting the pace and raising the hallmark of a standard restaurant in Nigeria.
At Prime Chinese, we believe in perfectly planned and delightfully detailed events.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Event Planner
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description of Event Planner
- We’re searching for an experienced event planner to help us maintain our reputation for memorable events by managing the production from concept through completion.
- The ideal candidate is passionate, creative, and detail oriented, and dedicated to providing superb client service at every turn.
- This role demands an expert in all aspects of event, meeting, and conference planning, including cost containment, venue scouting, equipment logistics, room setup, and a wealth of best practices.
- He or She will also have excellent leadership skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities to meet quality expectations.
- The best fit for our company is an event planner who can manage the daily details with big-picture thinking to ensure truly unique experiences.
Read also: Sales Representative at CarFanzy
Objectives of this Event Planner Role
- Manage all aspects of event planning meeting strict deadlines and budget demands
- Nurture and build relationships with vendors, venues, and other industry contacts to craft and implement creative and logistical aspects of all events
- Stay current, and often ahead of the curve, on event planning, design, and production trends, proactively identifying and solving operational challenges
- Establish standard procedures and train staff to execute them
- Comply with legal, insurance, health and safety regulations at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities of Event Planner
- The duties and responsibilities of an Event Coordinator center on planning and managing events of varying sizes and purposes.
- Coordinators have to understand what it takes to make sure the logistics work out, keep everything within the allocated budget and ensure that the event itself is carried out smoothly.
Here are the most essential duties and responsibilities:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with internal staff, clients, vendors, and others to establish needs for events, and serve as liaison to senior level executives, government officials, and industry leaders throughout the planning process
- Research resources, make site visits, and lead pre-event meetings when necessary to help staff make decisions about event design
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including contract negotiations, guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, security, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, decor, and marketing materials
- Oversee client experiences from conception through post-event, managing on-site preparations, production, and event breakdown, ensuring consistent, high-level service throughout all phases
- Maintain and build a comprehensive database of industry contacts, vendors, and venues
- Troubleshoot and handle any issues that arise on the event day.
Skills and Qualifications of Event Planner
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proven success as an event planner or coordinator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in maintaining and building enriching business relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and make split-second decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Event Management or a related discipline
- Experience in marketing and/or public relations
- Proficient with the Event Management System.
- Knowledge of Chinese Cuisine is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.