Executive Engagement Coordinator At Plan International
We are pleased to inform members of the public that Plan International is in charge of a well qualified personnel to fill the vacant position of a Executive Engagement Coordinator. Interested persons are free to apply.
Job Title: Executive Engagement Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- This role exists to support effective internal, and external engagement and coordination for the Country Director and Senior leadership across all parts of Plan International Nigeria including supporting oversight and delivery of key projects related to the Leadership Team.
- The Executive Engagement Manager role will organize and coordinate Country Director outreach and serves as the primary point of contact for stakeholders in their engagement with the Country Director.
- The role also exists to actively manage the Country Director’s scarce resources of energy and time and to provide and/or ensure delivery through effective delegation, and administrative support for the CD.
- This role will also be responsible for managing the CDs communication strategy both internally and externally in close collaboration with the Policy, Research and Influencing Manager
Dimensions of the Role
- No direct reports.
- External and internal stakeholder engagement and management with the Country Director and Leadership Team, Senior Management Team and other Country Office (CO) departments/functions
- This role is responsible for providing exceptional administrative and tactical support to the CD by monitoring, analyzing and tracking agreed activities and decisions; supporting internal and external engagements, communication and strategic coordination and collaboration; and supporting CD time, priority and logistics management
Regional Operations Engineer At Emerging Africa
Executive Marketer At Crusifix games and Lounge
Brand/Marketing Manager At Zuma Coffee
Accountant At Sprint Consulting
Civil Engineering (Infrastructure department) At PrimeTech Design and Engineering Nig Ltd
- Support the CD and Plan International Nigeria Leadership Team in internal and external engagement and activities with but not limited to Government, CSO, CBO, and other stakeholders by utilizing knowledge of organizational priorities and global opportunities, to ensure the CD is best placed to achieve strategic aims.
- Liaise actively with all parts of Plan International Nigeria to provide effective coordination and collaboration of the CD’s and Leadership team’s external and internal objectives to ensure strong global management coherence and to support executive decision-making.
- Actively manage the CD’s scarce resources of energy and time and provide and/or ensure delivery through effective delegation, administrative and planning support for the CD
- Together with the CD and Head of People and Culture develop and manage systems for collaboration and communications between Plan International Nigeria Directorates.
- Together with the Policy Research and Influencing Manager (PRIM) develop, initiate and maintain quality controlled systems for internal and external information and communication flows to and from the CD.
- Interface with relevant stakeholders within the organization, and provide high quality and timely support to the CD and other Leadership Team members as required in the areas of internal relationships and strategic projects that are related to the Leadership Team.
- Together with the PRIM to provide high quality, strategic and politically attuned advice to the Country Director and Senior Leadership team on external priority issues, position statements and external and internal communications activities
- Together with the PRIM provide support to senior leaders and governing bodies of Plan International, in particular on their internal and external engagement through the development of messages and communication materials
- Responsible for oversight, planning and operational support for the CD’s engagement with external stakeholders, develops the CD’s speech and briefs and managing the CD’s internal and external communications
- Works with partnerships team to identify and manage external coalitions on behalf of the CD and Leadership Team
- Act as coordinator and meeting secretary to the Leadership /Senior Management Team including planning agendas, managing meetings, taking minutes and recording and tracking actions, and ensuring information flow to and from the Leadership Team to other management groups and internal stakeholders
- Act as travel coordinator for the Country Director, managing travel logistics and occasionally travelling with the CD to provide high-level support.
- Together with the PRIM prepare relevant communications content that is engaging and effective for the CD to the wider organisation (blogs, video posts, speeches)
- Undertake specific assignments for the Leadership Team as required.
- Manage Board and Governance activities; meetings, communications and information flow
- Develop and maintain strong, mutually supportive working relationships across Plan International Nigeria
- Ensure Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are reflected in all work and behaviours. Understand responsibilities under Plan II’s policies, values and vision.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to at least degree level or relevant experience
- Strong experience in providing support for upper-level management in a related organization
- Experience in providing strategic and analytical support to senior management and/or governance bodies
- Experience from having worked in a development or humanitarian setting
Skills and Behaviors:
- Highly positive, proactive, and an enthusiastic team player
- Exceptionally structured and strong project management, planning skills
- Capacity to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexibility and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Good analytical skills, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to process information quickly and to think outside the box.
- Strong collaboration skills and excellent interpersonal skills, working with people from different cultures with integrity and honesty
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with and adapts to change
- Self-motivated, efficient and highly organized
Application Closing Date
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng