A well qualified personnel is needed at Lekki Freeport Terminal to fill in the vacant position of a Facility Supervisor.
Job Title: Facility Supervisor (Local – within Nigeria)
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the general guidance of the Maintenance Manager ensure efficient & high quality supervision for the technical staff and execution for all technical repairs and maintenance for container for the facility, including port buildings and other structures.
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of all the port, handling electricity, plumbing, painting, air conditioning.
- Responsible in leading and providing guidance to facility team in handling specialized HV Switch gear, HV transformer, Substation (11 KV) , HV cable Termination , Diesel Generators (2 MVA) maintenance & repair in order to achieve reliability & availability of terminal electricity facilities.
- Prime responsible for safety of workforce and equipment.
- Determined training need for subordinates and Develop On job training, class room training for HV Switch gear, HV transformer, Substation(11 KV ) , HV cable Termination , Diesel Generators (2 MVA) troubleshooting & repairing for technical support team for all level.
- Ability to develop strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies.
- Develop & execution of the preventive and Corrective Maintenance Program of Substation, HV transformer & Facility Equipment’s.
- Planning and scheduling of Machine, Manpower and Material and Break Down Analysis and Elimination of Repetitive Break Down.
- Responsible to Annual Maintenance budget preparation and tracking through analysis of expenses and cash-flow
- Needs to drive the staff in a way that everyone follows the right process and duties, being all able to perform the job.
- Responsible to rewise and create the necessary risk assessments and SOP for the new jobs. In order to achieve maximum efficiency and quality for maintenance , needs to organize, manage and monitor all Technical activities described in all SOP.
- Must ensure that LFT Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures are maintained.
See Other Jobs:
- Ensure that the facility equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive or corrective maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Supervise and lead planned maintenance or repair works, which carried out by technicians or contractors or OEM, to ensure that the works are done according to schedule, procedures and specifications.
- Ensures that the facilities are maintained and repaired in a cost-effective manner, with consideration given to quality and customer service.
- Conducts regular inspections of Substations, buildings, parking lots and other structures.
- Prepares work orders for repairs, gets estimates for the cost of the work, and assigns appropriate staff to do the work
- Maintain the Substation equipment, Diesel generators and other facility equipment.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Root cause Analysis for substation & facility equipment’s system related repeated fault and Ensure that repeated breakdowns are repaired promptly, Control repaired time through adequate planning and scheduling.
- Creates, issue purchase requisitions of material/parts & Authorizes finishing (closing) open work orders
- Writes accident reports; participates in accidents/damage evaluation/costs/Investigation
- Identify and recommend stock levels for components and assemblies which are required; consequently authorize, or seek authority, within budgetary limits to purchase specific items.
- Monitor the manpower levels and requirements within his department. This will also include an active role in the recruitment and subsequent employment selection process.
- Monitor and enforce all HSSE requirements when carrying out work.
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to management, as needed and Brief daily activities to Maintenance Manager and seek advice as required.
- Monitoring the ongoing development projects & keep updating and feed back in regular basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
Critical Success Factors:
- Expert in HT Maintenance & Repair
- High level of analytical & troubleshooting skill for Substation & facility equipments
- Required exceptional time management due to fast moving demanding work.
- Zero discrepancies between planning and executing.
- No delay in mail and correspondent handling.
- Hands on experience & lead by example.
- Result Oriented, strong follow up , Negotiation skill.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma / Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical) other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 Years of working experience in the related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in leadership capacity.
Skills and Abilities Required in Position:
- Electrical Supervisor License from Nigerian Government Authorities to work with high voltage.
- Experience in HV Transformers, HV switch gears, Diesel Generator, Electrical wiring maintenance and repair.
- Expert in all type of facility &Substation Equipment Maintenance.
- Ability to generate high volumes of relevant work, sustain high levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary and work with business-like approach to daily changes.
- Takes ownership for work. Meet daily challenges with a positive and open mind.
- Strong reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Good reporting and registration capability.
- Must be able to interpret electrical drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Experience in a fast paced, demanding environment (Technical aptitude, HT Maintenance Vendor Management. Incident Management, Process development)
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- High standard in computer skills.
Application Closing Date