It can be frustrating for students to find out they didn’t meet up with a school’s requirement after choosing the school as their choice of study. So, we have compiled all the accredited list of courses of Federal University, Gusau (FUGUS) as well as their admission requirements.
Nonetheless, before going into the crux of today’s topic, I would like to share with you the some basic information about FUGUS that you are supposed to know.
About the University
Federal University Gusau, also known by the acronym FUGUS, located in Gusau Zamfara State, Nigeria was one of the last 6 proposed new universities in 2010.
The implementation of the first phase of the proposal started in February, 2011, with the establishment of nine Universities, while the second phase involving the remaining three universities including Federal University Gusau was established in 2013, during the presidency of Goodluck Jonathan. with three faculties, Humanities and Education, Management and Social Science, and Science.
FUGUS Courses and Programmes
You can check the JAMB Subject Combinations for the courses listed below HERE (i.e. UTME subjects required, Direct Entry requirements and O’level requirements).
- ARABIC STUDIES
- AUTOMOBILE TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND ARABIC
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND ISLAMIC STUDIES:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIOLOGY
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS EDUCATION
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- METALWORK / WOODWORK TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- PHYSICS WITH ELECTRONICS
- PLANT SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS) Admission Requirements
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- The candidate must make at least 200 pass mark in JAMB to qualify for internal screening by the Federal University Gusau