Max Drive is currently seeking for a Finance Controller. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Finance Controller
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Lagos
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Endpoint Security Analyst At Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Waiter / Waitress At Hobark International Limited (HIL)
About Max Drive
MAX is using mobile technology to aggregate and formalize West Africa’s fragmented and informal motorcycle taxi industry. MAX provides commuters access to safe and affordable motorcycle-transport service and is currently available on both Android and iOS platforms. MAX was founded at MIT in 2015 and is a Techstars New York alumnus.
- You will design and secure successful implementation of an effective and growth-oriented financial controls framework and infrastructure across the organization, in order to enable MAX to build the technology and financial infrastructure to solve the challenges of mobility across Africa.
- You will take control of all financial accounts across the group – weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually, and oversee payables, receivables. You will therefore be in charge of accounting oversight and internal controls across the organization.
- As the fast-growing organization expanding very rapidly across Nigeria and Africa, MAX needs to implement effective financial controls that support its drive for long-term sustainable and profitable growth.
- This is a full time, permanent and long-term position reporting to the CFO and with permanent access to MAX’s executive team and board of directors.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee organization-wide financial reporting and analysis
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Support the CFO and other finance functions in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Develop and implement effective month-end and year-end close processes.
- Guide the implementation of financial policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP requirements and MAX accounting policies.
- Ensure development and implementation of functional and effective systems and procedures for expenditure management and control.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure proper expenditure management and tracking, also ensure that functional and effective systems and procedures for expenditure management and budget control are in place.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Information Systems Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business scorecard. (e.g. Grow Market Share, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management, Net Driver Additions, etc).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains
- Strategic Partnerships with MAX leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviors and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving tech landscape.
- Provide financial support to the department and advice on any finance related issues.
- Develop, implement and maintain financial Processes, Policies and Procedures for the department.
- Develop and maintain a system to track all assets owned by the organization.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of management.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Additional controller duties as necessary Leadership & Team Building.
- Build a strong team and delegate effectively.
- Motivate, develop and inspire an enthusiastic team to achieve remarkable results.
- Implement a systematic 1 on 1 feedback and performance review system.
- Coach team members to deliver exceptional results.
- First Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Professional Certification in Accounting.
- 8 – 10 years experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an area of specialization; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Management accounting experience
- Hands on experience in a finance function preferably in a multinational organization.
- Competitive pay & benefits.
- Premium Health insurance cover.
- Flexible work and hybrid working model.
- Consistent Learning and Development.
Application Closing Date