Are you good at accounting and would not mind working as a finance intern at a restaurant ? This job is currently for you as food concepts plc (Owners of Chicken Republic, Pie Xpress and ChopBox) was incorporated on 6 December 1999 as food concepts & Entertainment Limited and commenced operations in 2000. Since inception, we have set out to challenge the status quo by delivering quality food products and services.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience1 year
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
To ensure payment record – account receivables and payables accurate, cheques writing, cash disbursement and other accounting support for Chicken Republic Stores
- Processing of suppliers / vendor invoices for payment.
- Maintaining the creditors’ schedule.
- Keeping the financials documents organized and filed.
- Detect and eliminate errors in payment request. Imputing of all invoices and payment vouchers to the general ledger.
- Process and disburse expense reimbursement.
- Confirm all retirement before another cash advance is processed for a staff.
- Ensure posting of items received by the store into appropriate Trade Creditor’s account
- Finalize posting of products received by Warehouse and recognize respective suppliers.
- Prepare Creditor’s Age Analysis for tracking un-paid invoices.
- Schedule payment of suppliers’ invoices and ensure that they are due before being paid.
- Prepare schedule of paid invoices and Bank confirmation letter.
- Update Creditor’s account through proper allocation of payments made on daily basis.
- Ensure proper posting of Payment Vouchers for OPEX, salaries, projects and repairs.
- Prepare weekly Payment Analysis for Cash flow report.
Key Performance Indicators:
Creditors ageing analysis
Payment analysis schedule
Status report of outstanding invoices
Status report of Outstanding posting of invoices and payment vouchers.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
- Promptness in treatment of payments within SLA limits.
- Accuracy of written cheques and cash payment.
- Timeliness in accuracy of GL entry.
- Responsiveness of internal and external clients request.
General Management Competencies/Requirements:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Good Presentation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Relationship Management
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively
- Minimum of university degree or HND Accounting, Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years post professional qualification experience.
- Knowledge of complex Food manufacturing Accounting system would be an added advantage.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Proactive self-starter
- Assertive and tenacious
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnerships and teams
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure