Workforce Group is welcoming suitably qualified applicants for the vacant position of a Financial Controller. This job opportunity is located in Nigeria. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Work experience: 5 to 7 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Banking/Financial Service
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Legal Officer at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
- Tiller at Ascentech Services Limited
- Area Sales Manager at Ascentech Services Limited
- Parts Admin Assistant at Perfection Motor Company Limited
- Marketing Executive at ProCloud Prostars Limited (PPL)
About Workforce Group
At Workforce Group, we go beyond narrowly defined client issues, beyond conventional wisdom, beyond the expected, to create opportunities for our clients, candidates, colleagues, collaborators, and community.
Through a network of diversified but highly complementary lines of businesses we have helped some of the most important and exciting organizations on the continent find the critical talent, access cutting edge advice and get innovative support they require to grow in a challenging market.
We support businesses and organizations of varying size, structure and maturity across diverse sectors such as Technology, Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Third Sector, FMCG etc. to enhance business performance, optimise for growth and achieve exceptional results. Our ground-breaking Zone Tech Park offers startups and established companies that the cutting-edge facilities, technology and business expertise they need to break out and thrive.
The Financial Controller is responsible for:
- Maintaining the integrity of the company’s financial and accounting processes,
- Monitoring and controlling Company’s business processes,
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders to mitigate organization’s risks with appropriate risks.
- The jobholder supports the Chief Finance Officer in ensuring that appropriate financial management and control processes are in place.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership, management and vision to the company’s financial structure and organisation across the divisional accounting areas to support efforts at ensuring maximum profit and return on investment.
- Implement financial strategies and developing operational financial structures and systems.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Review all finance and accounting transactions and ensures processes/procedures follow best practice and are consistent across all contracts.
- Coordinate all activities between the Head Office and other accounts functions/ activities.
- Ensure seamless integration of processes to maintain integrity of financial information generated.
- Comply with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Monitor the Company’s financial books/position and signs off on any adjustments to ensure effective controls.
- Review and report monthly financial statements as well as annual statutory returns.
- Manage the performance of the various personnel assigned with the primary responsibility of overseeing the finance and accounts functions at the Plants and other company installations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipate future legislation; enforce adherence to requirements; file of financial reports and tax returns; advise management on needed actions.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Oversee the company’s tax functions which includes both compliance and audits by the States internal revenue services and the Federal Inland Revenue Services.
- Advise and ensure proper costing and accounting for stocks including products produced at the Lubricants plants.
- Manage the transporters payment process.
- Oversee the processing and payment of claims.
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by the Chief Finance Officer.
- Responsible for preparation and audit of the financial statements of the company
- Manage balance sheet with assets in excess of N150 billion.
- Manage OPEX budget of N340 million and control of the Group’s OPEX of over N8 billion.
- Responsible for proper accounting of inventories worth over N5 billion.
- PPE size of over N50 billion.
- Responsible for all the GL account lines.
Academic Qualification & Work Experience
- First Degree in Finance, Investment Management, Business Administration, Economics or Accounting.
- Professional Accreditation (ACA)
- 5 – 7 years cognate work experience as a Financial Controller, Financial or Management Accountant, the last 5 of which must have been in an Executive Management role within a reputable and structured business environment
Competences Required (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes):
- Corporate Financing and Credit Markets
- Foreign Exchange Management
- Business & Financial Strategy Development and Execution
- Financial/Inventory Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Financial Analysis & Interpretation
- Financial Risk Management
- Cost Management and Control
- Assets and Liabilities Management
- Transaction Process
- Business Performance Monitoring
- Negotiation/ Relationship Management
- Change Management
Jobs with no deadline specified: