Financial Controller (FinTech / Cryptocurrency) at Black Pen Recruitment
Black Pen Recruitment is currently awaiting applications from suitably qualified applicants in Nigeria for the available position of a Financial Controller. This is in the industry of financial technology (FinTech) or cryptocurrency. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Financial Controller (FinTech / Unsecured Loans)
- Employment Type: Remote, Full-time
- Location: Lagos
NOTE: The term “FinTech” is generally used to refer to technologies created to improve and automate the traditional forms of finance for businesses and consumers alike. Examples include software, mobile applications, and the such.
About the Black Pen Recruitment
Black Pen Recruitment is a division of Black Pen Global. Based in Cape Town, it is a 100% female owned company. Our team consists of highly skilled multinational recruitment consultants from around the world, providing you with the best recruitment services from the southern tip of Africa. Black Pen is South Africa’s No.1 recruitment consultancy firm for FinTech, iGaming and Foreign Language Recruitment of the BPO Industry.
Why you should choose or work with us? Our expertise is what makes us stand out above the rest. Not only are we South Africa’s No.1 recruitment firm for FinTech, iGaming, and Foreign Language recruitment in the BPO services and industry, our team is highly experienced in delivering individual and large-scale recruitment services across Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the United States. Our extensive worldwide database and efficient search and screening process ensures that we will find the right candidates for you. Most conveniently, with our in-house team of qualified legal practitioners, we also help develop specialized expert placement services for legal process outsourcing.
- Our client is an American-based company that is expanding globally by being one of the first movers to bring cryptocurrency to Africa and the Middle East at large. Their mission is to make cryptocurrency/blockchain and other FinTech services more accessible, and affordable, than ever before.
- Our client’s vision strives to form a committed team of forward-thinkers who collectively create a supportive, welcoming and highly innovative environment for all.
- Manage the entire general ledger, including monthly journal entries and close, through to trial balance and management accounts
- Perform all monthly reconciliation as required, including bank, VAT, and balance sheet reconciliation
- Liaise with all external local Auditors, Tax Preparers, Payroll, and other outside suppliers to ensure timely submission and completion of all tax and statutory filings, VAT, payroll, etc
- Design and implement robust processes and controls throughout the business
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register
- Assist in the Corporate reporting and financial planning and performance analysis when needed
- Provide financial and analytical support to the Country General Manager and management team, including the oversight and reporting on key operational and sales key performance indicators
- University educated with a related Business or Finance Degree and Qualified Accountant
- Preferably 10 + years post qualified experience
- Knowledge and experience with managing a general ledger and monthly close and reviewing and preparing VAT, payroll, and statutory filings
- Experience with managing cash, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Technical accounting knowledge – IFRS, US GAAP, OHADA and other local African GAAPs
- Proven ability to cope in a busy and demanding work environment and consistently meet strict deadlines
- Experience in tech and early-stage startup
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A flexible approach and a can-do attitude given that this role will need to support finance activities across the wider group during busy periods
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Detailed knowledge and experience with local accounting and compliance requirements
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly numerate and organised
- Strong Microsoft Excel and IT skills
Salary + Benefits.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified