Zipline Nigeria is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a flight operator. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Flight Operator
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Bayelsa
About Zipline Nigeria
Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building the first instant logistics system that serves all humans equally. Leveraging expertise in robotics and autonomy, Zipline serves tens of millions of people around the world. Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
- As a member of Zipline’s Flight Operations team in Bayelsa State, Nigeria, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that the delivery of medical products to health facilities is done in a safe and timely manner.
- This will involve working with a team of flight operators to conduct regular pre-flight inspections, launching, and recovery of the drones (aircraft). You’ll be trained to conduct regular maintenance of the drones and other equipment at our site to support ongoing operations.
- You will be expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of our daily operations and processes to support the growth of our operations as we scale.
- Please be advised that we have not yet kicked off the interview process for this role and you should expect a slight delay in hearing back from us. We will be in touch as soon as we are ready to begin interviewing.
What You’ll Do
- Launch and Recovery: You will be responsible for the safe assembly of drones in preparation for 150+ flights, perform critical checks, communicate with Zipline controllers in readiness for flight, launch and disassemble drones on return to the Distribution Center.
- Maintenance of drones and ground equipment: You will be responsible for performing corrective and preventive maintenance: scheduled or unscheduled on Zipline’s Aircraft and Ground Equipment. The maintenance includes but is not limited to Aircraft body maintenance, aircraft wing maintenance, etc.
- Troubleshooting: You will be required to follow troubleshooting guidelines for the drones and ground equipment and collaborate with locally-based and USA-based engineering teams to troubleshoot and optimize issues.
- Projects: You may be involved in short-term and long-term projects that involve collaboration across functional teams in efforts to scale drone deliveries to 150+ and improve operational efficiency.
What You’ll Bring
- National Diploma or HND / Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Aerospace Engineering with 3 – 10 years relevant work experience.
- You enjoy working in the field and are not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Ability to stay focused, humble, and safety-conscious during 12 hour shifts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy work that keeps you on your feet
- Ability to maintain focus during extended daily flight operations
- Comfortable troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues with complex, battery-operated machinery
- Extremely process & detail-oriented
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Must be eligible to work in Nigeria
What else you need to know:
- Must be willing and able to work night/weekends on shifts
- Must be willing and able to work for a period not more than 45 hours/week
- This is a full-time position based in a town in Bayelsa State and will require relocation
- Women are encouraged to apply, as we believe a balanced team is critical for success
- Must be able to travel to Ghana for at least 3 months for Zipline Academy training program
- Must have completed NYSC and hold a certificate of completion or exemption.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
- Once hired you will go through a rigorous training program with Zipline Academy to gain a deep understanding of our history, our mission, our impact, and our UAS systems. The program includes a thorough Flight Operations training that covers different parts of our system and our drone.
- Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
- We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, please apply!