We are glad to inform the general public that Dangote group is currently looking for a junior logistics officer for immediate employment. Interested persons are expected to apply. Kindly go through the full details of this position below:
Logistics Officers are responsible for monitoring stock levels and overseeing the movement of incoming and outgoing goods. They are detail–focused and use computers to manage the inventory databases under their control. They usually work in a storage facility for transport and logistics organizations.
Job Title: Junior Logistics Officer – Weighbridge Operator
Job Code: Logistics-Obajana-002
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – Logistics
- Provide support for the logistics function by managing Dispatch activities (weigh in and weigh out) to ensure all inbound and outbound trucks weight are accurately captured and documented, with focus on time, in order to meet up with customers demand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of a Logistics Officer
- Manage the plant weighbridge to measure, record and document all incoming and outgoing vehicles
- To verify all documents presented at the weighbridge before carrying on any transaction
- Maintain a log of incoming and outgoing trucks from the plant, with information including quantity of products, arrival/ departure time, name of the driver, etc.
- Participate in receipt / measure all inbound materials e.g., Gypsum, AGO, PMS, etc.
- During downtime, the immediately responsible unit should be informed to resolved, record the same in the logbook
- Prepare and submit reports at hourly intervals as per the activities taking place in weighbridges
- Generate report at a closing hour and submit same as performing.
- Ensure that all weighbridge activities comply with DCP’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards.
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Technical Manager for Home Appliances at JMG Limited
- Senior Credit Control Officer II At JMG Limited
- Refrigerator/AC Technician At JMG Limited
- TeamAce Limited: Public/Community Relations Officer
- Picking Supervisors at TradeDepot (Five openings)
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Transport Management, Purchasing & Supplies or Business Administration
Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to detail and quality while in the process.
- Basic knowledge of relevant supporting tools
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies, and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date