The general public is hereby informed that there is an opening at Carbon Nigeria for the position of a graphic designer. On this note, all interested qualified candidates are free to apply for this vacancy.
Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
Job Title: Graphics Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
- We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly-skilled Social Media Graphics Designer.
- You must be passionate about improving customer lives and using your software and systems engineering skills to build up, mentor others and empower the teams in Carbon to fulfill their goals.
- You will be responsible for creating and applying visual styles based on established brand guidelines.
- We are seeking a self-starter with advanced knowledge of design concepts and tools, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas within ambitious timelines, and you will report to the Brand and Content Management Lead.
- Create and apply consistent visual styles across platforms and ownership of design projects from conception through completion.
- Effectively communicate creative ideas within a collaborative environment and adequately scope projects and communicate specific requirements while managing expectations.
- Develop and communicate design rationale and thought processes when needed.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions to ideate, define challenges, identify needs and proffer creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the same or related role.
- Agency experience is a plus
- Demonstrable graphics design experience with a strong portfolio and proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Ability to develop and apply the visual style across multiple platforms: social media, billboards (OOH), flyers etc, while striving for a consistent visual language.
- Ability to creatively interpret design briefs and copies into design concepts and layouts based on good knowledge of the use of typography, shape, color, and aesthetic design concepts.
- Experience working with and adapting visual roll-out to established brand guidelines.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team and flexibility in shifting priorities quickly and executing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)
- Technical interview
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career Development & Growth.
- Offer a remote working option.
Application Closing Date