Suitably qualified and interested applicants are welcome to United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) for the vacant position of Head, Digital Lending. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Head of Digital Lending
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Other jobs like this you might like:
About United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- We are currently seeking a Head of Digital Lending. The candidate for this position must have a thorough knowledge of Individual / Personal / Retail Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Responsible for delivering the strategic agenda for Digital Lending through balance sheet growth, customer acquisition, customer retention, and profit & loss targets to support the achievement of overall business strategy in a cost-effective and high return manner.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the Digital Lending strategy in line with the overall Consumer Lending Strategy.
- To ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Implements Bank-wide go-to-market strategy for new initiatives, working with all relevant departments/stakeholders to drive execution.
- Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for Consumer Lending segments through the development and maintenance of quality products, propositions, and solutions pertinent to its business
- Build and maintain productive and strategic relations with stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the Consumer Lending business.
- To drive customer-led propositions for the Consumer Lending business by developing a pipeline of value-adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, and service offers.
- Manage an effective customer loyalty program for networking and deepening the UBA Individual/Personal Banking market penetration.
- Ensure strong cross-selling of existing and new products to existing and new customers; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant stakeholders in the Bank.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless, and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Coordinates the development and deployment of value propositions, product offerings, target segment strategy, and business plan for the Consumer Lending business
- Has oversight and ownership of end-to-end processes to ensure execution of onboarding for customers and fulfillment of products
- through engagement with relevant stakeholders involved in executing the standard process to ensure delivery of a seamless customer value proposition.
- Responsible for Portfolio health on relevant products – track portfolio performance (through lead indicators) and take necessary actions to ensure product integrity is maintained.
- Develops and monitors specific sales & marketing campaigns together with relevant stakeholders to leverage market opportunities that generate new sales/volumes and increase market share.
- Accountable for all relevant segment/product metrics as applicable within the Bank’s policy where applicable (e.g. risk limits, delinquency, compliance requirements, etc.)
- Monitors sales impact & profitability of marketing expenditures – both on BAU and special campaigns.
- Optimize fees and charges to create value for clients in line with Treat client’s fairly principles
- Market Research & Support Function
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues; etc) to ensure opportunities are realized and risks mitigated.
- Ensure adequate support programs (like pieces of training, lead generation, etc) to enhance product knowledge to the Sales team and branch staff.
- Ensure robust communication on the pertinent segment/product performance, market/regulator changes, and relevant customer insights.
- Identify and engage low/non-performing locations/countries periodically.
- Ensure all issues raised from the business offices are adequately treated and/or escalated to appropriate units where necessary.
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements.
- Maintaining the quality of the Consumer Lending portfolio within the stipulated Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing Consumer Lending team.
- Coordinates activities of Product and Segment Managers to ensure identified Area opportunities are tapped.
- Drives successful execution and monitoring of marketing campaigns.
- Routinely attends Area/Directorate planning/business review meetings.
- Analyses escalated area sales challenges, proffers alternative solutions, and implements recommendations that ensure achievement of segment/product performance targets
- Coordinates regular reporting to Head, Consumer Lending, and Executive Management on Segment/Product performance.
- Liaises with Performance Monitoring to extract relevant product-related performance data for budgeting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Assists Head, Consumer Lending (in consultation with HCM) to implement effective succession planning, people management and execute recruitment strategies for the group.
- Ensure that new/redeployed product managers are provided with the support required to work – ID cards, computers, phones, etc.
- Ensure regular performance management is executed for all staff within the Consumer Lending team.
- Ensures adequate training of product & segment managers as well as product executives in partnership with UBA Academy
- Coordinates the required engagement with Risk Management and Compliance unit to monitor and ensure product offerings are compliant with the bank’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Ensures delinquency management on all products in liaison with retail risk management (where applicable).
- First Degree in any related field.
- Masters and/or other professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Professional Qualifications would be an added benefit.
- Minimum of 8 years of general banking experience with at least 5 years’ experience in Retail/Consumer/Individual Sector 3 years of which must have been in a leadership position.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Must have hands-on experience in Credit Analysis & Administration, Sales, Relationship Management, Customer Service, and commercial and product development functions of a commercial bank at the managerial level.
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held in the last three years.
- Working extended hours is an inherent nature of the job.
- Willing to travel extensively – locally/internationally.
- Excellent product and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing high-performance management.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies, and procedures.
- Excellent communication, planning, organization, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry and Remittance industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
Jobs with no deadline specified:
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date: 25th August, 2022.