Deloitte Nigeria is currently looking for a head and human resources for immediate employment. Interested persons are expected to apply. Kindly go through the full details of this position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
Job Type: Full time
- We are recruiting for a Head, Human Resources who will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring compliance and implementation of the Firm’s mission and talent strategy.
- He/She will manage the overall provision of Human Resources services and ensure the overall human resources operations of the Firm are carried out effectively and smoothly.
Strategy Formulation and Implementation:
- Support the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives through the formulation and implementation of functional Human Resource (HR) strategies
- Provide strategic direction and leadership on the development and implementation of effective HR procedures and policies in all areas to reflect organizational objectives.
- These include policies relating to Recruitment and Selection, Compensation, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Employee Welfare, Succession Planning, Retention, etc.
- Support the corporate decision-making process by working closely with business leaders to provide relevant information, counsel and advise on people management.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and retention of human capital.
- Coordinate all Talent Management activities and processes within the Firm.
- Oversee the development of a strategic workforce plan for the Firm
- Develop strategic talent acquisition programmes and practices to ensure the short and long-term staffing needs are met
- Oversee the onboarding and integration/induction process of new employees.
- Manage all activities related to the performance management cycle and oversee all planning, communication and monitoring of the process to support individual, team and organizational performance
- Contribute to the design, implementation and management of effective leadership and employee development initiatives to address performance gaps related to capacity/knowledge among staff
- Train managers and staff on the use of relevant performance management system/tools and conduct regular feedback sessions to ensure proper implementation.
Employee Relations and Welfare:
- Develop and maintain appropriate communication channels to keep all employees informed of key organization issues, HR policies and procedures.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands and maintaining effective grievance handling and disciplinary procedures within the Firm.
- Handle any discipline-related issue that arises among staff in the organization and ensure that decisions made are strictly adhered to.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a compensation structure that promotes equity, facilitates employee retention, and provides a competitive edge for the Firm.
- Conduct periodic employee costs forecasting, and annual budgetary management to ensure cost savings
- Ensure compliance to the stipulations of the Nigerian Employee Compensation Act.
Learning and Development (L&D):
- Develop and implement the Learning and Development Strategy of the Firm in line with business objectives.
- Assess training needs to determine relevant development opportunities for the Firm
- Provide training to staff to fulfil their development needs and improve on their relevant skills and knowledge.
- Develop metrics to measure the return on investment (ROI) on learning initiatives.
HR Information System:
- Maintain a robust Human Resource Information System (HRIS) to ensure optimal HR service delivery.
- Gather insights from the HRIS in form of HR Analytics for management report.
- Ensure accurate and up to date staff information to aid decision making.
- Minimum of a First Degree in Social Sciences, or related field
- Professional certification in Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), or, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- MBA or a Masters’ Degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Proven working experience as Head of HR or HR Manager (minimum of 3-4 years) or other HR Specialist (minimum of 8-12 years).
- Strong track-record in HR function transformation, especially in HR Strategy development and implementation.
- Innovative and knowledgeable about the Future of Work
- Working knowledge of the Nigerian Labor and employment Laws.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strategic HR Management
- HR Value Chain
- Talent Management
- Change Management
- Compensation and Reward Management
- Employee Life Cycle and Engagement
- Human Resources Information Systems Management
- Employee Relations and Welfare
- HR Service Delivery
- Organization Design and Development
- Performance and Career Management
- Learning and Development.
Application Closing Date