Head Of Collections at FairMoney Nigeria (1 slot available)
Suitably qualified and interested applicants are welcome to FairMoney Nigeria for the vacant position of a Head Of Collections. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Head Of Collections
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Lagos
- Department: Risk
- Reporting Line: He/She will report to the Global Head of Operations
Other jobs like this you might like:
About FairMoney Nigeria
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
- The Head of Collections is part of the operations & risk management and is an accountant for overseeing the operations and implementation/testing of FairMoneys Collections Strategies.
- He/She will be required to analyse various collections-related metrics and work with other stakeholders to ensure continuous portfolio monitoring and performance management.
- To manage Collection processes enabling the smooth execution of all processes to ensure maximum customer satisfaction is achieved and service levels are met or exceeded.
- To lead teams to meet and exceed business objectives ensuring the consistent achievement of all financial and operational KPIs across the department.
The objective of this Role
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the collections unit.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols.
- Grow the efficiency of existing processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organisation’s internal capacity.
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and development of the collections teams ensuring that each area within the department meets its KPIs and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ensure that robust collection procedures are in place with a specific focus on reducing overdue debt & improving cash receipts delivering a seamless end-to-end process for the customer
- To lead and implement strategic initiatives linked to FairMoney corporate objectives in order to ensure continuous improvement and best practice
- Responsible for ensuring that the headcount and departmental operating costs are within budget and that costs are well controlled.
- Lead, motivate and organise personnel to adhere to FairMoney core values and deliver a high level of staff engagement
- Work with other areas to ensure alignment of structure, process and procedure, sharing best practices and driving continuous improvement
- Introduce/maintain high levels of process automation to reduce costs and increase the speed & timeliness of transactional processing
- Ensure all staff are properly trained and have appropriate resources available to be successful in their roles
- Instigate legal proceedings against delinquent debtors and ensure management of associated costs
- Direct involvement in the recruitment, selection induction and ongoing skills development for all direct reports, ensuring we attract and retain the best talent.
- Line management responsibility for Managers and Team Leads.
- Undertake formal performance reviews and 1:1 meetings with direct reports against KPIs.
- Apply a process of continuous review and proactive management of absenteeism and attrition across all Teams taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Management of any campaign migration or new business implementation.
- Overall accountability for training, development and mentoring of direct reports to provide opportunities for skills expansion and career development.
- Facilitate a culture of open and honest 2-way communication ensuring key messages are cascaded.
- Ensure call monitoring is undertaken and reported monthly across representative samples of all transaction types and appropriate action is taken to correct any shortfall.
- Management of any operations escalations relating to the Operational team’s performance.
- Preparing, analyzing and presenting data to the Ops Head as part of weekly and monthly performance reviews.
- Ensure forecasts and work schedules are accurately completed using relevant data information and scheduling tool.
- Initiate the review of the collection strategy manual and queuing criteria on a quarterly basis or as business requires.
- Initiate a review of the Collections Procedures Quarterly or as business requires.
- Agency appointment and supervision. Coordinates the activities of the external agent which include but is not limited to engagement, a compilation of cases, a review of performance and periodic reports
- Monitor and ensure that the external collectors adhere to the Code of Conduct. Ensure all customer payments are acknowledged by receipts and final discharge when resolved.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- 6 – 8 years experience as a collections manager.
- Experience with accounting software.
- The ability to work accurately and independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong time and people management skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
Jobs with no deadline specified:
- A screening call with the Senior Recruiter ~30 minutes
- A Case Study ~ 72 hours
- Technical interview with the hiring manager ~30 minutes