This is to inform the general public that FairMoney Nigeria is currently recruiting for the position of Head of Internal Control. Interested and qualified persons should kindly go through the post below for full details:
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are seeking competent, self motivated, hardworking and result driven professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Internal Control
- The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of internal policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance by all employees.
- The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across of business processes and internal controls.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years banking experience in internal control or similar position
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance preferred.
- Professional Compliance Certification (ICAN, ACCA) preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, Internal compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls and efficiency
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners and senior management.
- Evaluating SAP (Systems Applications, Products) audit trail.
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures
- Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings.
- Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control.
- GL Monitoring and Reconciliation
- Reviewing of SOP from time to time
- Review Vendor creation, Customer Creation (Agreements), Credit setting for customers
- Review Capex project briefs and compliance with procedures.
- Credit control (Receivables, staff float outstanding)
- Expenses management and control
- Checking of Consumptions vs Bill of materials to detect and eliminate any shortages/pilferages
- Checking of payroll such as overtime, Leave allowance, incentives, e.t.c
Application Closing Date