Khenpro Global Services – Our client, a retail pharmacy and beauty store with over twenty outlets nationwide, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Location: Opebi, Ikeja – Lagos
Head of Operations Job Description
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing retail operational policies and procedures manual
- Implement and maintain retail operational policies and procedures to incorporate a sales plan, cost control, shrinkage management and reduction, audit compliance and people management
- Contributes to future development at strategic and operational level
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates key responsibilities and practices to the store management team to ensure smooth flow of retail operations
Read also: Senior Business Analyst at Egbin Power Plc
- Increase sales to maximize profitability while reducing costs through well managed operational controls
- Drive sales and retail improvements through analysis and support.
- Propose measures to improve operational performance
- Ongoing review of sales results versus targets and budget
Head of Operations Staff:
- Ensures store operations requirements are fulfilled to include scheduling, assigning employees, follow up on work results
- Maintains store staff by assisting in recruitment, selection, orientation and training.
- Maintains store staff results by coaching, counselling, disciplining, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Protects staff by providing safe and clean environment.
- Commercial communication to all staff.
- Develop the sales staff and support areas to optimize sales and profits.
- Create and develop a coaching culture as well as promoting an environment that promotes diversity.
- Lead the store team to deliver a profitable business.
- Ensure staff have a high level of customer awareness and product knowledge.
- Liaise with Training Department to develop and manage the company’s sales and product training programmes
Head of Operations Merchandise:
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandise activities, determining additional sales promotion, authorization stock clearance and studying trends.
- Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotions, display plans, analysing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Set the highest international merchandise standards
- Liaise with Buying department to ensure range and stock levels are consistent with business requirements.
Head of Operations Financial:
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing budgets, scheduling expenditure, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Maximise sales and profitibility for the company
- Set monthly targets, monthly and annual budgets
- Update forecast results
- With closely with COO to provide quality retail information.
Head of Operations Customers:
- Identifies current and future requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Protects customers by providing safe and clean environment
- Take account of customers needs and shopping habits and competitor activity
- Use a range of internal and external information data to initiate business changes and create a customer focused culture
Head of Operations Marketing:
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
Head of Operations Requirements
- Candidates should possess a Master’s Degree / MBA qualification.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in retail operation
- Proven experience in retail operation ( experience from retail pharmacy an added advantage)
- Must possess Masters qualification in management or business administration
- Possess innovative and strategic policy formulation skills that would grow the retail operation speedily.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.